January 2016 Screenshot Thread

PackRat

Please remember to use thumbnails  :)

Vsido + fluxbox -

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

PackRat

^ cool, still giving jwm some love.

You planning on switching Star Linux over to Devuan?
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

ozitraveller

No not switching totally, just offering more choice.

Live-Build, at least my version, is working. It still needs a good cleanup though.

I did an install from live session this morning, just works! When Devuan releases a beta, I'll create a larger set of images.

Devuan + Jwm + Lightdm.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/linnix/files/diy-devuan-2016JAN02.iso/download

jedi

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

VSIDO + awesome

mpd running ncmpcpp and a couple of rxvt terms showing archey and sfetch...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

Basically clean VSIDO + awesome.  Pianobar playing my favorite station "Deuter" (thanks VastOne).  When the song changes the pianobar widget flashes a shot of the album cover for the new song.

I still LOVE Fluxbox!  It is my main WM of choice.  All this awesome mess is just me trying to get my head around LUA...
Forum Netiquette

jedi

Same as above, with GMB, and some changes to widget sizes on the left...

Forum Netiquette

PackRat

Configuring Fvwm - the ultimate time sink -

installing perl modles from CPAN -

At some point going to try and get this system monitor working; all perl, no conky.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Quote from: PackRat on January 05, 2016, 01:11:56 AM
At some point going to try and get this system monitor working; all perl, no conky.

Perl is actually a lot more relevant today than LUA is.  Maybe I should be looking at this 'Fvwm'...   (lua sucks the brain so dry, and really, it isn't that awesome...)
Forum Netiquette

PackRat

Everyone should be looking at Fvwm  at some point -

or Fluxbox -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

Snap

QuotePerl is actually a lot more relevant today than LUA is.  Maybe I should be looking at this 'Fvwm'...   (lua sucks the brain so dry, and really, it isn't that awesome...)

Agreed. The reason why I'm reluctant to use awesome is lua. The times I've tried it I backed off within minutes, Nevertheless awesome is really awsome, but not its guts. I have lua onboard because of fucking conky and mpv, otherwise it will be purged completely. I like Packrat's idea of using perl for monitoring the system instead of conky/lua.
QuoteEveryone should be looking at Fvwm  at some point -

or Fluxbox -
I've tried but never caught me enough. Maybe I haven't insisted properly. Maybe some day... You know, Too many WMs out there. For now Fluxbox is my WM to go. I also like and usually have around cwm and frankenwm. New love/finding is wmfs2. For floating nothing beats fluxbox IMHO, But as you can see, still searching a favorite tiler which does good floating too... if any. LOL. Franken is a winner for now. I don't like to recompile for every small config changes, but it's really fast, so...

In my very limited experience, I leaning towards XCB based WMs more and more, with the only exception of Fluxbox.

PackRat

Quotesearching a favorite tiler which does good floating too..

spectrwm

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

Snap

VastOne

Working on new ISO's just got done testing them... with eth0 and wlan0 back and no need for startup ceni scripts we are back to sub 4 minute installs

You say BullSnarkies, do ye?

Read that uptime on the top conky and weep...   :)

Uploading them now... and will have the test OpenRC ISO's in another 90 minutes or so
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO