Latest ISO

Gordon

Hi. I downloaded the latest ISO yesterday and tried to install it. The live DVD ran OK but on installation it kept coming up with  BOOTMGR Failure. As I haven't got a working PC now can I download the ISO again using the live DVD and burn another one ?
Cheers :D
Gordon
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA69G-S3H , 8 Gb Ram, Realtek RX550 Graphics,  VSIDO

VastOne

You have Windows on the machine also? Was grub your bootloader?

Sounds like grub and the Windows bootmgr crossed wires...

Here is a video and explanation of how to get the windows boot manager back

Here is how to get grub back from a livecd

Or you can just reinstall VSIDO and make sure you install grub to the correct device/mbr (usually sda)
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Gordon

Hi VastOne

Thanks for that but it was down to me actually, I was trying to use separate partitions for boot, root and home as I did with Crunchbang, Forgot that you don't use that system and I also formatted sda1 to ext2 which you don't use either, Talk about messing things up, I don't half make it hard for myself. Still all working now having read your installation guide  :-[ in the end. All I have to do now is to try and install  Windows and not mess up the MBR hopefully  ;D
Gordon

PackRat

If you are dual booting, installing Windows 2nd will mess up your grub if it is on the MBR - Windows requires the MBR to boot; read up on how to re-install grub, or install Windows first followed by VSIDO.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

Gordon

Hi  PackRat

Sorry about the late reply but been rather busy recently .On holls now though. I did try both ways but as I said it was and still is my fault. Trying to run 32 bit XP on 64 bit  motherboard, only need it for one program so have tried wine but without any luck so far though
Gordon

airtime

did you say XP :) .. Why not install windows in a virtual environment using Virtual Box or something similar .