Open Invention Network request fo VSIDO

VastOne

I am being asked as V-Ger of VSIDO to join the Open Invention Network... I am no lawyer and really do not know as much as I should even about Open Source licensing (just enough to know what to make VSIDO) 

This is the OIN License Agreement that they would like me to sign before I join it...

I would appreciate any and all of you to go over it and give your impression of them and the orginization

Thank you!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Have you been to their website?  Looked to me that this group- and therefore their agreement- is for individuals or groups that are actually developing/coding software. Since you are using existing software to spin a user friendly  implementation of Sid,
I don't think it really applies to you. This agreement would be good for the developers of say SpaceFM.

The way I read it, you are more like a subsidiary as defined by the licencing agreement.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

Snap

+1

They talk about patents, property and rights. It may apply to the tools you developed for visido and perhaps the concept of vsido as a whole. But the majority of the software was developed by other authors. I really don't know. I'm a law layman, but the way I see it, let's say Redhat as an example of a commercial distro, they ask for money for the support. They cannot sell OS licenses as far as I know. They are not proprietary of most part of the included software.

VastOne

I agree with both of you ... what you both surmise is my own findings

Thanks, but I think I will pass on it
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO