Another Problem with LibreOffice [Solved]

Gordon

Hi All'

I still have a problem with LibreOffice. As stated before in my previous post when I ask office to print a doc or spreadsheet it just closes down but still print's the doc. I have waited for updates to see if that would fix it, but with no luck. I have just used smxi to remove it and reintall it but it is just the same. HELP please, has anyone any ideas as to why this is happening ? Or should I have just used apt-get ot install it ? :'(
Cheers :D
Gordon
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA69G-S3H , 8 Gb Ram, Realtek RX550 Graphics,  VSIDO

jedi

Hi Gordon, sorry to hear your still having issues with libreoffice.  Have you tried to completely remove it and then re-install it using the "vsido-welcome" script from a terminal?  Might be worth a shot...
All you would need to do would be to open a terminal and type in vsido-welcome.  You could 'skip' your way through it until you get to the part where it asks about installing libreoffice.  To 'skip' a section in the vsido-welcome script, just press 's' until you get to the part you need...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

Gordon

Hi jedi.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried using vsido-welcome script to reinstall it, infact never realised that you could do that, so I will have a go at that a bit later on today. Just off out now to watch the grandkids play hockey in their final. Will report back later. cheers for now :)
Gordon

Gordon

Hi jedi.

Back in now, unfortunatly the kids lost but a good game never the less. Right just uninstalled LibreOffice usning smxi as termininal said it wasn't installed and reinstall using vsido-welcome script. Unfortunatly it has the same results, shut libreoffice down but still prints the doc. Is it because I am using kernal 3.14-0.towo.3-siduction-amd64 do you think ? should I change the kernal to something else, if so what ? :-\
Gordon

jedi

Wow, you got a stumper going on!  I've not tried the towo kernel in a loooong time.  I'm using the latest Liquorix Kernel and libreoffice works great.  (I use it a lot)  It might be another thing to try.  Switching kernel's that is.
There is also still the option of using OpenOffice.org I believe.  You'd have to do a google search on that one though.
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

Gordon

Hi jedi,

I ended up on tne towo kernel by accident so perhaps I will switch back to Liquorix kernal anyway I'll give it a try. I don't fancy openoffice, I've got use to libreoffice now :D
Gordon

Gordon

Hi All
Yet again I have messed things up big style. I couldn't stop it loading up on towo so I deleted towo and liquorix by accident and couldn't work out how to get out of that mess so did a complete reinstall yet again. It has at least sorted out the LibreOffice problem as that now works OK, so I guess the original problem was with towo kernel. Thanks for everyones help with this problem even though it wasn't solved in quite the right way  :)
Gordon

jedi

Glad to see you got it overcome!  All of us have had our problems solved at some point with a reinstall!!!  Tis a learning process!   ;D
Forum Netiquette