April 2014 Screenshots

PackRat

No real changes, mostly a drive-by posting:

Clean install of VSIDO - (messed up my Slackware install, went back to all debian/vsido for now - keeps things simpler)

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

justanotherguy

Ultra minimalist ;) 

VastOne

Quote from: PackRat on April 21, 2014, 07:36:20 PM
No real changes, mostly a drive-by posting:

Clean install of VSIDO - (messed up my Slackware install, went back to all debian/vsido for now - keeps things simpler)

Glad to be of service PackRat! ... Sorry to see your Slackware mess up but glad to see what you fall back on!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Quote from: justanotherguy on April 26, 2014, 07:00:33 AM
Ultra minimalist ;)

Welcome to the show justanotherguy, we are glad to have you and your excellent taste in minimalism here.   8)

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Quote from: justanotherguy on April 26, 2014, 07:00:33 AM
Ultra minimalist ;)

Well done. minimal is good

vsido + i3

@vastone - I was using Slackel (based on Slackware current) and kind of borked it myself. Was going to go ahead and install their sister distro Salix - both are solid distros if anyone wants to check out Slackware and have the convenience of gslapt (apt for slackware) - but went with my other solid distro of choice - VSIDO - so I'll have the same distro on both computers.

Looks like this computer may be losing a hard drive (sda = win7, sdb = shared data sdc = vsido) or Windows is going corrupt; showing it's age, I built it back in 2000/2001.

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

lwfitz

Been running gnome on my macbook pro and I have mixed emotions

Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

^ Mixed emotions?  Anyone running that combo and admits to it lives in a nuthouse somewhere in Cali who says brb in the IRC channel and then is gone for 2 months ...

???

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

LOOOOL! Ok thats fair.........

But did you see those fish? those pics are better than any note I forged in my moms writing when I ditched school.
Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

^ Indeed!

Show those incredible fish pics here and it will be a great way to close April

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

btw I now have good internet service so if you need to host downloads somewhere or whatever just let me know. No more 5 hour downloads
Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

Thanks man... I think we have it down fairly well now but if needed I will holler down at you in the holler

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

Done!

Well as VastOne mentioned I tend to disappear from time to time........

Work has been crazy (as usual) but I also took some time for myself which involved killing fish which as some of you know is a favorite past time of mine

Pics or it didnt happen

Limits of rockfish and lingcod. Had an amazing April and am planning an even better May!
Don't Be A Dick!

jedi

Quote from: lwfitz on May 01, 2014, 01:32:31 AM
Been running gnome on my macbook pro and I have mixed emotions

I've really tried to embrace other WM's, but just can't get away from the simplistic and elegant form of Fluxbox...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

lwfitz

Oh I completely agree with you but my inability to get the secondary or right click working in fluxbox on my Mac sort of ruins it.

Fluxbox is still the ruler over all on my desktops.
Don't Be A Dick!