New GMB layout - VastOne Tabbed Playlist

VastOne

GMB has a standard tabbed playlist layout that is 'ok' but not to my likings...

So I rewired it ... This layout has Library Context Queue and Browser Tabs for easy maneuvering through your library

Save the following to /home/yourusername/.config/gmusicbrowser/layouts/vastone-tabbed-playlist.layout

[VastOne Tabbed Playlist]
Type=G
Default = size=850x675 FilterPane0(page=genre) FilterPane1(page=artist) FilterPane2(page=album,albumpsize=32,albuminfo=1) VPRight(size=230-353)
HBTitle     = Filler0 _Title
HBArtist    = LockArtist _Artist
HBAlbum     = LockAlbum _Album -Date
HBTime      = 7Prev 7Play 7Next Length(markup="$length",initsize="XX:XX",xalign=0) _TimeSlider(direct_mode=1) -PlayingTime(markup="%s",initsize="XX:XX",xalign=1)
VBmain      = HBMenubar _VBText -HBTime
HBMenubar = _MBEdit -BMSettings VolumeIcon
MBEdit = MainMenuItem PSortItem PFilterItem QueueItem SMHelp4
BMSettings = (icon=gtk-preferences,size="menu") SMLibrary LayoutItem PlayItem SeparatorMenuItem01 MenuItem34(click1=OpenCustom(Equalizer),label=_"Equalizer",icon=gmb-equalizer) SeparatorMenuItem20 MenuItem14(command=OpenPref,label=_"Settings",icon="gtk-preferences") MenuItem05(command=Quit,label=_"Quit",icon="gtk-quit")
SMLibrary    = (label=_"Library") MenuItem00(command="RunPerlCode(::ChooseAddPath(0,1))",label=_"Add Music",icon="gtk-add") MenuItem32(command="RunPerlCode(::IdleScan)",label=_"Rescan Collection",icon="gtk-refresh")
SMHelp4 = (label=_"Help") \
                MenuItem41(command="RunPerlCode(::AboutDialog)",label=_"About",icon="gtk-about")
VBText      = HBArtist HBAlbum HBTitle
HBmain      = _VBmain 2Filler1 -Cover
HSize0      = Filler0 LockArtist LockAlbum Sort
VPPanes     = _FPane1(nb=4,hide=1,pages=album) SongTree
HPPanes     = _FPane0(nb=5, pages=artist) _VPPanes
HBSearch        = 20Label0(Search anything:) 5SimpleSearch(maxwidth=360) Total3
VBSearch        = HBSearch _HPPanes
TBlist      = "Library" VPRight "Context" Context "Queue" VBQueue "Browser" VBSearch
VBmain2     = HBmain 3Filler2 _TBlist
VBQueue = (tabtitle=_"Queue                  ") HBQueueButtons _QueueList(group=1) Total(group=1)
HBQueueButtons = EditListButtons(group=1,small=1) 4QueueActions
VolumeScroll    = VolumeIcon
VPRight = (tabtitle=_"Library                  ") HPfp0 _VBSongList
HPfp1 = FilterPane1(nb=2,pages=artist) FilterPane2(nb=3,hide=1,pages=album)
HPfp0 = FilterPane0(nb=1,hide=1,pages=genre) HPfp1
HBSongList = 10Label(Search anything:) 25SimpleSearch2(maxwidth=360) Total2
VBSongList = HBSongList _SongTree3(activate=queueinsert,activate2=addplay,songypad=1)

Then load it through Settings/Layouts by selecting VastOne Tabbed Playlist

Scrot

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

It has come to my attention the two things are not understood in GMB... And are a huge part of why it is such a powerful music player ...

The Context Tab is awesome, but only if you have both Artistinfo and Albuminfo enabled from Settings/Plugins

Once they are enabled all the band and artist information becomes available from Last.FM on the Context tab

The second thing that is enabled by these is similar-artists from the drop down menu in Queue.  If you want the ultimate playlist, start one of your favorite songs/albums and then from the Queue Tab, select similar-artists from the drop down... It will continuously autofill the next 5 songs with similar artists from your library (or more, or less that is configurable too)...

One more thing to note... Form the Library Tab, I have the double click function set to add the song as the next item in the queue.  This is done so as to not disturb what is currently playing.  If it is the first song played (queue is empty) then it will play automatically

I hope this clears these items up

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

I have made the layout above the default in VSIDO and have also setup the default GMB to have albuminfo and artistinfo setup by default

Thanks to jedi for pointing all of this out!  8)

I dev VSIDO