A Couple of Problems

Gordon

Hi Folks
A couple of new problems that have me baffled ( no surprise there  :-[ )
1 i've downloaded synaptic and can only run it from the command line and I keep getting this warning

synaptic:11621): Gtk-WARNING **: 19:01:39.936: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:4348:56: Using one color stop with linear-gradient() is deprecated

and the other one is to do with synaptic itself.
I am trying to install an Epson package to run the scanner and I keep getting

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libgcc1 : Depends: gcc-10-base (= 10.1.0-1) but 10.1.0-4 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

and when I go onto synaptic to fix broken packages it doesn't seem to do anything and i can't work out which packages are broken. how do i find and fix broken packages
Where do I go from here please
Cheers :D
Gordon
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA69G-S3H , 8 Gb Ram, Realtek RX550 Graphics,  VSIDO

PackRat

The first one is just a theme warning, don't worry about it.

Did you try a system upgrade from the terminal.

apt-get dist-upgrade

usually get some more information from the command line output on what to do and what needs to be fixed.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

PackRat

QuoteI am trying to install an Epson package to run the scanner and I keep getting

When is the last time you upgraded the system? It's a new model of printer so you may need to get everything upgraded before any drivers install.

Found this: fix broken packages in debain with synaptic. Looks to be current, but I haven't actually used Debian in quite a while.

Search the Debian forum for "fix broken packages in synaptic".

I thought Debian was phasing out synaptic, but I don't think it's actually depricated.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

Gordon

Hi PackRat.
Did an upgrade using smxi like i normally do earlier today. I don't know if that is the best way though.
I only downloaded synaptic to see if there was a driver for the printer that I just bought, and there was. I was trying to do it via Epson but i kept getting the problem that I mentioned before and still get while trying to install the scanner driver.
Anyway thanks for the reply time and effort you keep giving me. I'll check out the link tomorrow  and see if I can work it out. Cheers for now  :)
Cheers :D
Gordon
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA69G-S3H , 8 Gb Ram, Realtek RX550 Graphics,  VSIDO