This is a test

PackRat

Sending this from my oldest's new game pad.

Crazy stuff. Next stop parental controls.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

Test passed...

Will they ever understand how lame our childhoods were?

:'(
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Setting this game up is nuts. Tried to get it working for about an hour and a half minutes and thought the pad was broken; turns out there is a mandatory tutorial to go through - which I was playing and didn't know because it was never pointed out there is a mandatory tutorial to go through.

I'm really starting to miss the good ol' days of dropping in 4 D cells and away you go.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

zephyr

^^ Had the same issue with xbox 360 live setup, many hours later and finally successful. I am not a gamer and really not acquainted with game consoles, the controller either. 

Miss the D cell days as well. 
CROWZ / STAR / Devuan / refracta / VSIDO

riV

funny... had this conversation just the other day with fellow crones; the last game controller I could operate was a trigger for slot cars.

zephyr

@riV: Starting doing slot cars back in the early 1960s, and still have a large collection of cars and track, 1/64 scale Aurora. My grandsons occasionally will ask to set it up, good for hours of fun.

Toys are cool, still. - Z

PackRat

I wish I still had the slot cars my oldest brother started collecting back in the late 50's early 60's. Good times pinning all that track together then racing for hours.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

???  Lincoln Logs!!!   :D
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

Laws Yes to Lincoln Logs.... M O O N that spells fun!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Quote from: jedi on December 27, 2015, 08:58:22 PM
???  Lincoln Logs!!!   :D

+ 1000

We just got a set of those for our youngest - her and her sister have been building Pokemon villages all weekend.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

zephyr

+ 1

This is the first year I didn't buy Lincoln Logs, or any type of Lego, etc. They were the mainstay for many years before any type of building block came on market.

What I miss is my...sock monkey! :'(

PackRat

And then there are these things -

back to the store for knee and elbow pads, me thinks.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Thinkin' I'd probably need a face pad for one of those as well...   :o  I can just see my old ass doing a face plant off the front of something like that!!!   :'(
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous