VSIDO Support > WM Designs and Discussions

Cannot group Libreoffice Writer windows [SOLVED]

(1/5) > >>

Snap:
I want to group any/all the libreoffice writer windows in the current desktop but they are not responding. I can group them manually, of course, but they doesn't group automatically via the apps file.

If I'm not wrong, this seems to be the obvious config (it's what xprop outputs) but it does nothing.

--- Code: ---[group] (workspace=[current])
  [app] (name=libreoffice) (class=libreoffice-writer)
[end]
--- End code ---

Or this:

--- Code: ---[group]
  [Workspace] {CURRENT}
[end]
--- End code ---

Tried some other variations including this ignoring workspaces:

--- Code: ---[group]
  [app] (title=.*odt - LibreOffice Writer)
[end]
--- End code ---

Still not working. Is Libreoffice different than the usual windows or am I missing something?

PackRat:
The first one should have worked for you.

--- Code: ---[group]  (workspace=[current])
 [app] (name=libreoffice) (class=libreoffice-calc)
  [Position] (UPPERLEFT) {4% 3%}
  [Shaded] {no}
  [Deco] {NORMAL}
  [Sticky] {no}
  [Minimized] {no}
  [Maximized] {no}
  [Fullscreen] {no}
  [Layer] {8}
  [Alpha] {255}
[end]
--- End code ---

Normally you do not have to restart fluxbox for changes in the apps file to take effect, but you can try that.

How are you opening your libreoffice documents? Only other thing that comes to mind is that libreoffice is also assigning a unique role to your documents and you may need to account for that in the apps file.

Open a couple of documents in your usual way and then right click on the title bar to get the window menu. Use the Remember option to assign some per-app conditions. After that, open the ~/.fluxbox/apps file and how fluxbox defined the name, class, and role (if any). Post the results, please.

Are your other apps grouping, sizing etc ...? Proof read your ~/.fluxbox/apps file - if I remember correctly, if there is an error in the file (like a missing [end]) then fluxbox stops there, so the applications listed before the error behave as expected, anything after the error is not read.

Edit Number 1 - This is new -

I created a couple of documents and then opened them up to assign some per-app settings; got this line:

--- Code: ---[app] (name=libreoffice) (class=LibreOffice 5.0)
--- End code ---

Apparently if the document is not blank, it is assigned a different class name. Adding that line to the groups stanza fixes the issue so blank and existing docs/spreadsheets group.

[app] (name=libreoffice) (class=libreoffice-calc)
[app] (name=libreoffice) (class=LibreOffice 5.0)
  [Shaded] {no}
  [Deco] {NORMAL}
  [Sticky] {no}
  [Minimized] {no}
  [Maximized] {no}
  [Fullscreen] {no}
  [Layer] {8}
  [Alpha] {255}
[end]
--- End code ---

Snap:
Thanks a lot, PackRat. I'll check all this tomorrow and report back. My eyes are falling off. Need some sleep now.

Snap:
Don't know what's going wrong with my Fluxbox and LibreOffice. Adding your last bit of code (copy-paste, so no mistakes) makes the session to logout if I click to open any odt file. If I remove lines one by one nothing changes untill I remove this line:

--- Code: ---[app] (name=libreoffice) (class=LibreOffice 5.0)
--- End code ---

Then the logout stops, but the grouping doesn't work either. back to the original simple thing

--- Code: ---[group] (workspace=[current])
[end]
--- End code ---

Does nothing.

Been checking the apps file for errors and haven't found any. Going to double check. This is really weird. The other apps work as expected.  ::)

Snap:
This is what I'm getting now using save on close:

[Shaded] {no}
  [Deco] {NORMAL}
  [Sticky] {no}
  [Minimized] {no}
  [Maximized] {no}
  [Fullscreen] {no}
  [Layer] {8}
  [Alpha] {255}
[end]
--- End code ---

But they don't group together. Just got stacked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version