not really awesomewm...

jedi

A few months/weeks/days back I had installed and configured the 'awesomewm' and will confess to still having it installed.  I use Fluxbox daily and probably always will.  scrots to prove it below.  never got the wifi indicator to work.  it eluded me.  It is no harder to navigate in, and once you learned all the key-bindings that come preconfigured in it, things are nice.  Not 'awesome' though.  I played with both the rc/wi.lua files and just never could get that wifi indicator going...

If it just wasn't all 'lua' based.  text configs are the greatest.  as you can see above, i can still log-in and nibble at it...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

dizzie

Very cool Jedi  :)

I need to find something else than i3 to poke my stick at soon. Might as well give awesome another go :)
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

jedi

Too much 'lua' for me...   ???
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

dizzie

Sure, not that conky have any lua at all  :D

PackRat

@dizzie - pekwm switched over to lua configuration files with the current release didn't they?
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

dizzie

Think pekwm have been using it for ages, here is a part of my ~/.pekwm/autoproperties

Require {
   Templates = "True"
}

TitleRules {
   Property = "Navigator,Firefox" {
      Rule = "/(.*)/Firefox/"
   }
   Property = "Google,Google" {
      Rule = "/(.*)/Google Chrome/"
   }
   Property = "Chromium,Chromium" {
      Rule = "/(.*)/Chromium/"
   }
   Property = "Opera,Opera" {
      Rule = "/(.*)/Opera/"
   }
   Property = "^gvim,^Gvim" {
      Rule = "/(.*)/Gvim/"
   }
}

superwow

Jedi, your desktops are always luscious, especially the colors. Care to share the configs for your text editor colors?

jedi

Quote from: superwow on May 01, 2015, 04:22:20 AM
Jedi, your desktops are always luscious, especially the colors. Care to share the configs for your text editor colors?

Thanks a lot superwow!  They are actually preconfigured .lang files in the /user/share/medit/language-specs folder.  Just copy the two files attached  (though you should already have the lua one loaded) to the above mentioned directory...
Forum Netiquette

superwow

Jedi, thanks! And now I feel dumb for the configs having been in the /user/share folder already. Actually I never installed medit when I installed my current minimal sid distro and have been using Geany. I thought your editor was Geany. However I do like me some dark configs so will either have to do the same with Geany or just install medit.

PackRat

Version 4 of awesome window manager released December 2016 -some interesting features added:

The default theme is nice, so some key binding tweaks are in order to check it out.

Addiction to window managers is such a time sink  :D
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo