Aprilie 2015 Screenshot Subiect

PackRat

dwm supports xft fonts by default now so I had to check it out:

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

Late to the party, I was waiting for the right image to fall into my lap...

You may notice a kernel update there in the terminal...  SID is updating the 3.16 kernel yet again, but I think I am going to hold off on any more ISO's until the 4.0 kernel is in Experimental.  That will happen soon after Jessie is released which is scheduled for tomorrow...

BTW, expect a boat load of sid changes as Testing will finally be reopened and experimental will have a place to send updated apps again... The freeze is done!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

^ nice

Will xfce 4.12 be coming to sid with all the upgrades? I have xfce on one install and have been waiting for 4.12.

drive by posting - dumped the one panel with the system info on it, no conky:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

@VastOne, very nice wallpaper!
@PackRat, I read somewhere that 4.12 wont be here until middle of 2016...  (then again, I could be totally wrong about that as it was a while ago when I was playing with Xfce4.10)  ???

check out those gauges for the 4 cores on my lappy!  working hard to build a new Kernel...

Yes it is still cold here, and on top of that it is snowing hard as well...  :'(  It is never going to end...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

Worked a little tonight on the aesthetics of my setup.  A touch of the blues of course!  The new 4.0 Kernel is running quite nicely.  I also believe it is handling cpu and memory issues much better.  Lots of new things to look at when you build it so be aware...

VSIDO absolutely ROCKS!!!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

And here's another quicky showing of system resources while running the game "The Talos Principle" via Steam on VSIDO!  As you can see on the right hand side, CPU and memory resources to spare!  Same with the GPU use (GTX 660M w/2Gbs DDR5)

I swear, this lappy is 2 years old now, and I've ran it through the mill in those 2 years!  Check out the shot of the game, it is a scene with the character looking down into a pool of water.  Stunning visuals!  Gaming on Linux has come a long way.  I think we all knew it would eventually!

I'd highly recommend the game...
Forum Netiquette

PackRat

^ all nice

bspwm; working on the key bindings:

Direct Link

conky with some launchers (dzen2 code) piped to dzen2.

bspwm is EWMH compliant so it works with panels - xfce4-panel in this shot, should work with tint2 as well. Panels with a tiler is sort of a no-no, but this is a pretty cool setup:

Direct Link
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

dizzie

So, after been home with my mom and dad for almost a week, I spotted a 24" screen of my dads in my old room "So dad... You use that 24" or can I have it?" "Sure son... (Yay!)

So 3840x1080 madness here we are!

Miss moms cooking already :(
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

jedi

Forum Netiquette

dizzie

Guess it's time to move away from i3...

Wait, who am I kidding?! NO, always i3!  ;D

Thanks Jedi!  :)

jedi

Forum Netiquette

dizzie

PackRat

Quote from: dizzie on April 27, 2015, 03:31:43 PM

Wait, who am I kidding?! NO, always i3!  ;D

Best tiling window manager ever.

more bspwm - tint2 and conky - conky_window set to dock so it doesn't tile into the stack.

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

dizzie

See Jedi!
PackRat is one of the cool kids on the block too!

*gives PackRat the secret i3 hand sign*  8)

dizzie

I tried to move away from i3....

And... ugh, no... *go sits in a corner, crying "give me back my i3"*