Aprilie 2015 Screenshot Subiect

PackRat

A new month to show off your desktop artwork - please remember to use thumbnails:

fluxbox -                                                  qtile -

found an excellent config for qtile where all the layouts were working, so I'll be keeping it around for a while to mess with.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

jedi

Wow, 3 days just to get a desktop scrot posted.  :o
Anyway, back to my normal...

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

I know it's been around a while, but Steam on Linux is really great!  Playing "The Talos Principle" in windowed mode on VSIDO via Steam!  Unreal graphics, and got the game for half price during this weekends half price sale!  It's a great puzzle game that makes Myst seem childish.  Created by the makers of Portal I believe...

Here in borderless full screen mode.

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

Can you decrease the size of the game window so we can see the resource usage reported by conky?

And those are nice graphics even in full screen mode.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Yeah, I'm seriously impressed by the graphics.  They've created a beautiful world and the detail is phenomenal.  Been checking all day, and the temps have never gone above what you see here.  Everything is within the safe tolerance zone.  16Gb's of RAM, and 2Gb's of dedicated GDDR5 RAM on a GTX 660M Nvidia dedicated graphics card.  It's a laptop, so I'm used to it running a little warm when stressed.  To tell you the truth, this is the most stressed I've ever gotten it!

The game is very enjoyable and I wish I had bought it sooner.  Getting Steam setup was a bit of a challenge but doable obviously.  I've not messed with multiarch support before this.  All in all, I'm really pleased with the performance all around.  A two year old laptop, and the game runs effortlessly!  Did I mention it is a real joy to play?  ;D
Forum Netiquette

jedi

Back to my usual "dark" theme motif.  I'm amazed everyone isn't using VSIDO!

Forum Netiquette

PackRat

vsido + fluxbox + kernel 4.0

running pretty smooth so far.

vsido + spectrwm - never messed with the default layouts before; made some minor tweaks to get a grid mode layout

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

KrunchTime

Quote from: jedi on April 03, 2015, 11:19:32 PM
Wow, 3 days just to get a desktop scrot posted.  :o
Anyway, back to my normal...

Love your conky configuration.
Linux User #586672
"When you say, 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows,' people just stare at you blankly and say, 'Hey, I got those with the system, for free.' -- Linus Torvalds

KrunchTime

Quote from: jedi on April 06, 2015, 06:15:24 AM
Back to my usual "dark" theme motif.  I'm amazed everyone isn't using VSIDO!

Is the weather info on the left generated from a conky weather script?  More info please!
Linux User #586672
"When you say, 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows,' people just stare at you blankly and say, 'Hey, I got those with the system, for free.' -- Linus Torvalds

jedi

Quote from: KrunchTime on April 18, 2015, 05:20:58 AM
Is the weather info on the left generated from a conky weather script?  More info please!
It is indeed a Conky weather script, courtesy of 'arclance', and which I believe is still featured at #!.  Check the Tips and scripts thread over there...

(arclance python/lua conky weather script)
Forum Netiquette

dizzie

Those who knows me, knows I like simple things, so...

Ta-daa ;-)

*nb: My vision is back to normal now
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

PackRat

Quote*nb: My vision is back to normal now

Awesome.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

dizzie

Thanks! Still walking around wearing a cap and a pair of shades, but at least I can see (and look really smart!  8) )

Anyway, I heard this was not the place to go, if you had problems with Windows 8 and MacOS X?  :D
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

PackRat

QuoteI heard this was not the place to go, if you had problems with Windows 8 and MacOS X?

Yes, yes it is:

Windows 8 and MacOS X tech support

Drive by posting -

the wall is a ta som temple at Angkor Wat, Cambodia.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Not a typical shot, just stuck with the default look which is actually pretty sublime!

This distro manages memory better than any other I've personally tried!  This is a 'metal' install, not a VM!  T400 Thinkpad...
Forum Netiquette