IgnorantGuru requests SpaceFM Alpha testing for version 1.0

VastOne

PLEASE TEST: SpaceFM 1.0 Alpha-Testing Has Begun

Instructions are there on how to download and extract and test...

VSIDO installs should have all the necessary tools to easily install and test..

I had to install the following:

libudev-dev
libgtk2.0-dev
intltool

Then everything configured and installed

Scrot or it never happened

I would appreciate any of you taking the time and join me in this testing of the Alpha version

Thanks
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

I take that back... I had gleaned most of the tools needed on the ISO for building this specific app...

Once I get the list completed I will update this post

I dev VSIDO

Snap

Hmmm... those three packages pull a damn lot of dependencies.... 50 packages....  Isn't that too much for a file manager update? I'll test it in a separate virtual machine for the purpose anyhow.

apt-get --no-install-recommends install libudev-dev libgtk2.0-dev intltool
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
  gir1.2-gtk-2.0 libatk1.0-dev libcairo-script-interpreter2 libcairo2-dev libelfg0 libexpat1-dev libfontconfig1-dev libfreetype6-dev libgdk-pixbuf2.0-dev libglib2.0-bin
  libglib2.0-dev libharfbuzz-dev libharfbuzz-gobject0 libice-dev libpango1.0-dev libpcre3-dev libpcrecpp0 libpixman-1-dev libpng12-dev libpthread-stubs0-dev libsm-dev libx11-dev
  libxau-dev libxcb-render0-dev libxcb-shm0-dev libxcb1-dev libxcomposite-dev libxcursor-dev libxdamage-dev libxdmcp-dev libxext-dev libxfixes-dev libxft-dev libxi-dev
  libxinerama-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev x11proto-composite-dev x11proto-core-dev x11proto-damage-dev x11proto-fixes-dev x11proto-input-dev x11proto-kb-dev
  x11proto-randr-dev x11proto-render-dev x11proto-xext-dev x11proto-xinerama-dev xorg-sgml-doctools xtrans-dev zlib1g-dev

PackRat

Compiled just fine and running -

Screenshot or it never happened

I only skimmed through the release notes this morning; will the old plugins work with this release?

@vastone - quite the media server you have going there.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

@snap... those are just build dependencies snap, only for building the package this single time. You can get rid of them as soon as you're done with the build

@Ratty... as far as I know they are, but I have not tested them as of yet

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

Snap

VastOne

Hey Snap...

No need to ...

run

get libudev-dev libgtk2.0-dev intltool

do the install of the new spaceFM per the instructions

then run

prg libudev-dev libgtk2.0-dev intltool

then do a sudo bleachbit and clean up apt

All those dependencies and packages will be gone like they were never there

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

To mount ISO's this new version needs fuseiso

get fuseiso

For those missing listbugs, watch it fire up on this app that has 2 Security issues outstanding

I dev VSIDO

Snap

Ah, ok, VastOne. Thanks for the guidance. I got quite stuck. Not very use to build here. Will do a new attempt today.

jedi

ok i'll admit to no sleep for a long time but the instructions on building this are not working for me at all...  I think i'll just stick with 0.9.4 till it is in a better place
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous