vsido-exit issues

Snap

After updating today vsido-exit stopped working. The reboot and shutdown options to be precise. Still can logout, but after freezing when clicking on reboot or shutdown, I cannot shutdown from lightdm either.

I got no bug warnings so I went ahead with the whole thing. I cannot remember the exact packages, but it was mostly ffmpeg, and livav stuff plus vim. This is the output

$ vsido-exit
/usr/bin/vsido-exit:48: GtkWarning: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine",
  self.window = gtk.Window()
Error org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.NotPrivileged: Not Authorized

Aside of the initial theme warning, How should I sort out the issues? Checked the permissions of /usr/bin/vsido-exit and seem to be ok.

VastOne

It is a systemd issue and one that happens periodically.. what you saw updated and is the source of the issue is cgmanager and libcgmanager0

systemd hangs on shutting down systems and applications ...

This will resolve itself over the next day or so..

I will look to report a bug on it

In the meantime, from terminal you can run

sudo shutdown now

or for a shutdown with reboot

sudo shutdown -r now

I will let you know what I find and when it is resolved
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

I did find that there are several bugs already open on this.

I dev VSIDO

Snap

Thanks, VastOne. Good to know. I¡ll keep my eyes peeled for cgmanager

Snap

A new cgmanager available today. It works again.  ;D

VastOne

I dev VSIDO

zephyr

That answers the question for one issue, but I had a mess of problems. Weird oddball stuff that didn't seem like VSIDO at all. Late last night after multiple installs, reformats, and attempts to correct things that were really strange, like half of a menu. I did a fresh download, and got out a fresh hard drive, yes it was the hard drive and ended up with a perfect working VSIDO distro. Yea, had the logout issue, but contributed that to the other mess. Seems to had been fixed before my last final attempt to get things right. Failed hard drive is rare for me,  first one in a couple of years. I'm a happy camper for sure. Thanks everyone for everything you do in an awesome way.  -zephyr
CROWZ / STAR / Devuan / refracta / VSIDO