Iceweasel Replacement or complete removal

hakerdefo

File-manager, Browser, and Multimedia player are the things that leave the biggest impression on a new user trying out any linux distribution in live environment. I'm not talking about geeks and experienced users. I'm talking about normal human beings. And if I'm not mistaken VSIDO tag-line used to be "SID for human-beings.".
Honestly there are no real alternatives to Firefox-Derivatives, Chrome-Derivatives on linux. Opera now doesn't ship 32 bit version for linux and they have no plans of releasing a 32 bit version for linux.
Midori is only good for casual browsing and is prone to lock-ups and crashes. Only good alternatives I can think of are, SeaMonkey & QupZilla.
SeaMonkey is built on Mozilla code but believe me it is a different beast from Firefox-Iceweasel. It also includes email & newsgroup client, web feed reader, HTML editor, IRC chat and web development tools.
SeaMonkey

QupZilla is built using Qt but you won't have to worry about Qt dependencies since SMPlayer would have already fetch them. It's a young project but it is quite stable.
QupZilla

Cheers!!!
You Can't Always Git What You Want

VastOne

^ Thanks for that intel hakerdefo

I have decided to go the simplest route and stay as true to Debian and VSIDO as we have always been..  The libflashplayer.so file was an add on I implemented into VSIDO to make sure flash worked for all, which was the complete opposite of Debian who provides nothing for Flash..

I am going to go right down the middle with this now and provide the Youtube All HTML5 plugin which works flawlessly on Iceweasel for Youtube and most all flash sites

The exceptions are the sites (Facebook) who are completely partnered with Adobe and Microsoft to keep this a flash world

One thing of note, I hate Apple just because... But they have NEVER relied on flash or Adobe at all and they have handled it quite well on their devices

The next ISO will have libflashplayer.so removed and the Youtube All HTML5 plugin installed... unless someone can tell me another solution or convince me another way

Thank you all for your participation in this discussion
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

seppalta

I've used Maxthon, webkit and trident based, for a few months now.  Never crashed, has great features and plays everything that I have tried.  Tried Midori several times in the past, and always dumped it because it regularly crashed.   

VastOne

25 days have passed since I shit-canned the adobe flash plugin...

I have not had to reboot since

And this is the dev/build machine

Profit!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Digit

just as i start getting dwb configured nice n comfy, i embark on an adventure with conkeror.

... yeah, make conkeror the default browser.   
[deadpan serious face]

Snap

Conkeror? Please, report back. It seems (or at least this has been my own experience) that at this point living without flash webkit browsers are better options than the Mozilla stuff. But I'm all ears.