Long ago compiling Conky on a board far away.....

BoredOOMM

Some of you well remember me.   I had a 100% Linux Box running 'buntu and then LinuxMint and found #! was best for the laptop.  I was a conky addict...

Sometime almost a year ago, I did the unthinkable and installed Win 7 on the Desktop, and found it very difficult to exist as I could not sudo/cli in M$.  I needed some Win 7 experience for what I thought was going to be a long term support job at work.  Win7 is stable and on the laptop I am happy.   The desktop did not fully digest Win 7 and it appears I may need to consider a new box.  Little did I know that I would lose the job..... I now work 25 hours a week and fear for the future.  Enough of my woes.

I appreciated the work many* did on creating Conky/TINT and the most excellent work of VastOne on G-player and what is now Gmusicplayer.   The live disc I post this on is a fine piece of work.

The question remains as follows-

Is the 64 Bit AMD kernel the best for my Intel chip?   Did I dl the wrong iso?

* I dare not mention names to miss anyone but Sector11, MrPeachy, VastOne, Jedi and others come to mind first as those I appreciated.  if your ego is bent not seeing your name here, get over it.

jedi

Hey BoredOOMM!!!  Really glad to have you here on VSIDO!  Think you'll love it.  Great group here and almost all if not all of us are Conky/Tint2 addicts as you prolly already know.

To answer your question, yes you have the correct download.  The AMD 64bit architecture is the one you want.  Once you try VSIDO, you'll never look back IMO.  Sorry to hear about the job.  We'll do all in our power to help you and if you hang around, you'll find we may even be able to lift your spirits a bit as we are a pretty light-hearted/good-hearted community here!  I'm glad it is now my home, and I think I speak for all you mentioned in your intro that we now call this community our home!!!  Welcome...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

BoredOOMM

Jedi,  it is difficult to follow someone who continually changes avatars.... ::)

jedi

Quote from: BoredOOMM on January 21, 2013, 09:14:59 AM
Jedi,  it is difficult to follow someone who continually changes avatars.... ::)

Yes, sorry experimenting with what my new home will let me do....  I'll settle on something shortly!
It is good to have you here!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

falldown

Welcome BoredOOMM.
Hopefully the future gets brighter for you.

Looking forward to your conky screenshots.
The 64 bit kernel should work well with your chip as long as it is P4 or newer.  :)

VastOne

Welcome BoredOOMM, glad to see you made it to my little domain...  :)
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Sector11

BoredOOMM!!

Welcome to VSIDO!
Sorry to hear about the job, I do hope things get better for you.

Meantime, pull up a chair, strap in, and set a spell - it's a fast and furious ride from here on out!

See you in the conky thread(s).
Stay Home

jst_joe

Welcome BoredOOMM,

You will like it here.
There's no other choice!  :)
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.

lwfitz

Don't Be A Dick!

BoredOOMM

Thanks for the welcome.

I realize I do not know where the Win7 disk is for the lappy, and I have not had time to play this week.

It is dual boot Win 7 and LinuxMintDebian.   

Do I risk destroying Win seeing if the partition manager will bump it all aside?    Nah, gonna chicken out and whip the spare 10GB drive in the lappy.    Looks like not until next week, as I have to earn some $$ this next few nights. 

;)