[SOLVED] Dropdown xfce4-terminal

Snap

Is there a away to keep the dropdown window centered? It displays at the left corner unlike any other dropdown i used before.

VastOne

Mine did not stay centered until I went into the preferences and made changes to it... I think it has to do with the using the right side or width settings in fluxbox more than anything.... I have seen very similar things as this with GMusicBrowser layouts  not remembering their positions correctly when positioned all the way to the right

Below are what I am using to keep it the way I want it ... centered and shape

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

You can use the $HOME/.fluxbox/apps file to do this as well. Add an entry -

[app] (name=xfce4-terminal) (class=Xfce4-terminal)
  [Position] (CENTER) {0 0}
[end]

Note that this will cause any/all instances of xfce4-terminal to be centered. If the name of xfce4-terminal can be changed when you open it - i.e. DropDownTerminal, then the name portion of that stanza can be refined so only the drop down terminal will centered.

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

jedi

@PackRat, have I ever mentioned that I have a HUGE case of "Brain Envy"...    ???
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

^ please tell my wife and kids that.  :D
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

Snap

Quote from: PackRat on December 06, 2014, 06:50:24 PM
You can use the $HOME/.fluxbox/apps file to do this as well. Add an entry -

[app] (name=xfce4-terminal) (class=Xfce4-terminal)
  [Position] (CENTER) {0 0}
[end]

Note that this will cause any/all instances of xfce4-terminal to be centered. If the name of xfce4-terminal can be changed when you open it - i.e. DropDownTerminal, then the name portion of that stanza can be refined so only the drop down terminal will centered.

Cool! thanks so much. That did it. No worries if all term windows get centered. I typically fire only one (dropdown). I'll try to change the name whatsoever.

Quoteplease tell my wife and kids that.

I'll give 'em a call.  :D