December 2014 Screenshots

PackRat

Nice one; that going to be your entry for the new tint2 layout?

got the sound and multimedia figured out, and using a drop-down xfce4 terminal; otherwise more of the same -

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

jedi

Quote from: PackRat on December 18, 2014, 05:39:51 PM
Nice one; that going to be your entry for the new tint2 layout?

got the sound and multimedia figured out, and using a drop-down xfce4 terminal; otherwise more of the same -

Nah, just messing about with a full length tint2 config.  I can free up some screen real estate by doing it that way, so I may just stick with it!  I have posted the config in the Tint2 configs thread that started this conversation...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

I rarely log into the Windows 7 half of my dual boot so I took a shot -

drab, rainy day - ripping some cd's, using ogg format for a change:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

That little pool has a couple clam beds and my youngest is actually digging up some clams; if we go back to that lake, I'm bringing a couple rakes.

Edit - and buckets

Edit-02 - still raining; and still looking for a green that works -

Edit-03 - tweaked some key bindings; getting some use out of the SetDecor option; fluxbox with manual tiling and tabbed groups:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Nice wallpaper as usual PackRat!
Found a new one...

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

Giving Xfce4 some love -

autohide panel with xfce plugins instead of conky.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

Snap

Quoteinstead of conky.

VastOne will be proud of you.  :P

lwfitz

Great work everyone and merry christmas!

Reinstalled to get rid of all the junk that got installed with cinnamon....... back to fluxbox

Don't Be A Dick!

jedi

Quote from: lwfitz on December 26, 2014, 07:47:15 AM
Great work everyone and merry christmas!

Awesome Conky lwfitz!  How 'bout posting that config in the Conky configs section?  (I might "cough-cough" have to 'borrow' it!)

And hope you had a Merry one too, Santa!!!
Forum Netiquette

lwfitz

Thanks Jedi! I worked off of someone else's but cant remember where I found it. Gimme a bit and Ill get it posted for you
Don't Be A Dick!

PackRat

Messing around this morning instead of cutting up the dead fall out back. Finished setting up VSIDO desktop as an nfs and ftp server -

VSIDO nfs client -

Windows 8 ftp client -

pretty sure I can stream that music from the ftp server directly; wasn't happening today. Next time I need to dodge some chores, I'll figure it out  :D
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

Windows is very weird (IMO) when it comes to allowing somethings to stream and/or play... My son has several movies and albums on 2 Windows machines (Don't Ask!!!) that will not show up on Smart TV's DLNA services that does see the connection fine but just does not see other videos (about 1 in 3 not seen)

I can put the exact same videos on my Plex server and they show up on the Smart TV DLNA perfectly and they also will be seen and play no issues on a WDTV device too

So I think Windows is inhibited by either Codec or licensing or even a Windows Media Player setup issue that you may want to at least be aware of
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

I figured it had to be something on the Windows side of things to allow it - or get media player to work across ftp.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

lwfitz

@ Jedi

Heres the original conky config I worked off of

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Conky-Launchpad-186251285

I only made a few changes and removed the background
Don't Be A Dick!