Hey y'all

paxmark1

Started with caldera, then Mandrake to Mandriva b.s. and then Ubuntu when it was ok.  And then #!  I quit KDE because of neepomuk.  No, I am not that great at it, can't code or anything, but I like foss. 

Yeah, if I am going to have my feet in the water on one machine, well, maybe it is time to abandon debian testing.  I will remain on stable on my main machine as usual.  This seems a good enough place to hang a hat some days. 

Activists I miss are Phil Berrigan, Samuel Day (long ago editor of Bull Amer. Atomic Sci) and Sen. Paul Wellstone.  But I live in Canada.  Would have been nice to have met Jack Layton.  But, I won't be talking any more about that here.  period. 

I spent a few years living with the homeless.  Sheltered a lot of Korean and Viet War vets, but since then mostly I have been working with the mentally challenged the last two decades.   I lived in the same houses with them for 13 years. 

I think I will fit in here.  peace.  Mark

zbreaker

Hey paxmark1...welcome to VSIDO ! You've picked a truly fine distro...tight community, salt of the earth folk and a Debian sid that won't mess with you.
Sounds like you've been involved in a lot of cool humanitarian stuff..the way we all should be. Enjoy your stay 8)

jedi

If only the World would follow in your giant footsteps...

Welcome to VSIDO!  Glad you found your way here   :)
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

Welcome paxmark1, I am glad you are here...  peace

I have a similar background and would like to get back to that type of work
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO