Vsido source files

airtime

is it possible to view the files for the new ISO without running the live cd.  I see some code has been posted to sourceforge but seem outdated
http://sourceforge.net/p/vsido/code/ci/master/tree/

I mounted the iso and it only shows the kernel images and livecd FS .

VastOne

You can use squashfs decompress tools to extract and then view it using mksquashfs which is installed on VSIDO as part of the squashfs-tools package

You can also view them from a Virtual Box if you have that loaded... or just boot to the LiveCD.. that may be the easiest process

What was posted on Source Forge is the files from version 3.0 and change logs on the web site reflect every change since then

When version 4 comes out, I will then revamp the sourceforge files
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

airtime

Thanks Vastone,

it was quicker to mount the iso and use unsquashfs  to uncompress the FS as you stated. Then chroot into the filesystem root. Exactly what I was looking for . Appreciate the help.

VastOne

Anytime mate...  :)

Enjoy the dev side... Anything you see that can be done different or more efficiently I am all ears...

I dev VSIDO

airtime

definitely . You knew exactly why I wanted this environment .  ;D

VastOne

^ The thing is, and the real beauty of VSIDO (IMO) is that everything I use to build and maintain is installed on each and every install of VSIDO

KISS

I dev VSIDO

superwow

Just curious but what is the difference between VSIDO on my computer and VSIDO in the iso? The differences that I can think of are a) the install script, b) updated configs, c) the kernel, d) the apps & configs I have made myself. Is the reason to open the iso to get the new install scripts & configs?

VastOne

Good questions...   8)

There is nothing different, that was my point... What you install is what you get is what I built with

There is no separate repo or config area or anything ever new (except sid and kernels)... it is built from an image with an installer and all of those build  tools are on the ISO that is then installed to your system

I dev VSIDO

superwow

V-ger, sweet that's what I though. Aside from new kernels, I got what you got. Good stuff. Now back to playing with ranger keybindings....

airtime

There are changes outside of sid and kernel that are new in the latest ISO. If I understood correctly from a previous post. You made changes to how fluxbox loads by adding the option to use xinit as the default .  That change is not part of the sid release if I understand correctly.

VastOne

^ No. That post was a reaction to lightdm issues that was going on at the time and said prematurely

xinit is not installed on the ISO's and there is not a .xinitrc file.

I dev VSIDO

airtime

Quote from: VastOne on October 06, 2014, 08:39:34 AM
^ No. That post was a reaction to lightdm issues that was going on at the time and said prematurely

xinit is not installed on the ISO's and there is not a .xinitrc file.

thanks for clarifying ..  ;)