October 2014 Screenshots

zephyr

Fluxbox is very customizable, the VSIDO logo wallpaper is awesome, easy to add other styles without searching for a compatible wallpaper. Yea, be cool to add more styles to the next release, or update. By the way, being a noob myself, got a question? I use gksu thunar, simply hand feed these styles into ~/usr/share/fluxbox/styles.  Is this a no-no or correct? Gdebi only works for me on some apps.  It seems to work for me, if there is a better/correct way, appreciate any help. Thanks.  zephyr
CROWZ / STAR / Devuan / refracta / VSIDO

VastOne

Using thunar to move themes or icon sets to usr areas are fine if you want to have them available for multiple users on your same machine, including the root account. If it is for a single user system, having them in your /home directory is fine.

Your setup looks awesome !!!  :)
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

@jedi, zephyr - awesome setups.

some i3 today -

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

The new look is awesome.

I like this picture better -

centurion orange fluxbox style by tenr.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

zephyr

@zephyr-thanks VastOne & jedi, appreciate the compliments, that is what I like about Debian and VSIDO in particular, creating an OS to suit your taste, likes and give it a personality. I'm just not even scratching the surface, but I look forward to this forum several times a day. zephyr
CROWZ / STAR / Devuan / refracta / VSIDO

jedi

Quote from: PackRat on October 06, 2014, 01:48:40 AM
The new look is awesome.

I like this picture better -

centurion orange fluxbox style by tenr.
W O W!!!  That is a beautiful picture.  Some really great photography there PackRat!  I saw the fishing thread as well, and she is a little cutey!  Very lucky man...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

That is an award-winning photograph PackRat!
Thanks for sharing that with us

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Loving the new theming!  Bit of a new look for me...

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

Looks great Jedi, I am enjoying the new theme as well!

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Yes, a good choice for a new theme. Had some time today and made a matching fluxbox style - posted in the wm thread:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

statmonkey

Very nice PackRat.  I may have to go back to fluxbox.  I should probably look by myself does fluxbox have anything similar to pipemenus?

PackRat

Not directly, but you can use the [include] option in the fluxbox to include information that results from running a script  - like this:  http://darkshed.net/article/dynamic-menus-in-fluxbox
Another option would be to use dmenu to generate the entry in the fluxbox menu.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

statmonkey

Thank you Guru.  Absolutely riveting stuff.  I never knew about include and playing with it as we speak.  I do a lot of pipemenu stuff with openbox.

I am assuming (maybe incorrectly) that you are talking about using alias in Dmenu or is there something else (OK realize there are mountains of things) I don't know about?  Do you do it this way.  I love me some dmenu if I am missing something I don't want that to happen.

PackRat

I don't use menus - pipe or otherwise -  much at all actually. Most of what I do is accomplished with a key binding.

dmenu is pretty flexible, I have seen scripts (head to the Arch or Gentoo forums) where dmenu is used in menus for multimedia or web content. I don't code, but have always suspected that the underlying code for an openbox pipemenu is doing something similar.

openbox with dorian gtk3 colorscheme -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo