Attempt to unlock mutex that was not locked - SOLUTIONS

VastOne

As we all know there is an issue after updates to GLibs that muck up several applications

3 I know of for sure in VSIDO are SpaceFM, Mirage and Disk-Manager

I have found the solution for Mirage and Disk-Manager that anyone can use now.  I do not intend to change these on the VSIDO ISO's as I do not want to become the caretaker/dev/maintainer of these

Do this to correct the error and problem in Mirage and Disk-Manager.  NOTE - I am aware that this also works in reportbug and radiotray but you will need the exact files for those (hint search for the error and the app)

For Mirage

sudo medit /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mirage.py

and remove this line

gtk.gdk.threads_init()

For Disk-Manager

sudo medit /usr/share/pyshared/DiskManager/DiskManager.py

and remove this line

gtk.gdk.threads_init()

For radiotray (not in VSIDO but I will include it here)

sudo medit /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/radiotray/SysTray.py

and remove this line

gtk.gdk.threads_init()

I have searched everywhere for the same line in anything spacefm uses and have come up empty.  As you see all of these are python apps and files edited.  SpaceFM does not use python (to my knowledge)... if anyone does scrape and scour and find it, let me know asap

V-Ger
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

statmonkey

@VastOne
QuoteCode: [Select]

sudo medit /usr/share/pyshared/DiskManager.py

and remove this line

Code: [Select]

gtk.gdk.threads_init()

Works great.  FYI curiously on my system its in /usr/share/pyshared/DiskManager/DiskManager.py

May have to reinstall SpaceFM and see if I can find anything.

Awesome job as always!

VastOne

^ & ^^

Thanks!  As I pointed out in another thread we are driven by solutions

I have reinstalled it and poured through all I could grep.. I wish you all the luck!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

Don't Be A Dick!