[SOLVED] problem after 'up' -> xsession: cannot write to /tmp

statmonkey

Quote from: PackRat on September 07, 2014, 02:09:07 AM
I'm beginning to sense a purge and re-install of lightdm in your future.

Good call PackRat!  Should have gone that way from the start but I thought it was a config issue due to upgrade.

I am not on KDE but yes it seems a lot of things have been updating lately, many changes.

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

QuoteI am guessing SID is about to, or just did, a serious update.

I am not on KDE but yes it seems a lot of things have been updating lately, many changes.

I don't know about Sid going through a serious update, but I suspect KDE is getting a major overhaul (can't confirm, no KDE on my systems)-  Gordon and zbreaker had some recent issues. If either of you are using KDE apps (digikam, k3b etc ..) without the full KDE desktop, you may encounter some issues. Fortunately, they all have been resolvable using standard apt commands.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

superwow

I don't know much about kde and there are no apps depending on it on my system. The software I was referring to was gpodder, which was spontaneously uninstalled from my system. It mostly depends on python, libqtwebkit, gnome-bluetooth, and dbus11. Guess the conflict is in one of those components.

superwow

Second problem solved. Sudo apt-get install gpodder reinstalled gpodder and now it works fine. Mischief managed.

PackRat

libqtwebkit is used by KDE - and gpodder.

You can reinstall gpodder with apt or synaptic; will probably bring in a lot of dependencies that you didn't have before.

Maybe it's qt that's gone through a major upgrade. A word to the wise for anyone running some KDE or other qt based apps.

Edit - beat me to it.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo