Fishing appears to be popular with this group

lwfitz

Thanks guys!

@ VastOne

Its a fine line between who catches who  :D

I have this overwhelming urge to fish the lightest line I can get away with and it doesnt always turn out well lol.

@ Jedi

Who says fishing season ever ends? Theres always something to set a hook on!  ;D

Don't Be A Dick!

zbreaker

statmonkey

Wow, that is impressive.  My fishing is limited to the tank in front of my favorite restaurant on Phuket.

VastOne

^ he hehe he hehe ... he said Phucket he hehe hehe (Beavis or Butthead)
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Nice one.

Is that a baitcast reel? How do you like it? This is the first year I've ever used one, not fully use to it yet.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

airtime

nice catch .. That is a few weeks of food right there.

lwfitz

Thanks everyone!

@ packrat

Yes sir, it's an Abu Garcia revo toro nacl 50hs. It's a baitcaster that is intended for saltwater. It's sealed so that the salt doesn't destroy the inside of the reel.

I absolutely love the reel and think it's worth every penny. For bigger fish you just don't have the same power with a spinner.
What reel did you buy? I have a few different models but I swear by the Abu Garcia offshore/revo Toro and daiwa lexa. Both are just amazing.
Don't Be A Dick!

PackRat

It's a Lew's. Just getting use to casting it. Starting to like it.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

Tried a new lake today; had a pretty good day:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ That is all around awesome... Well done!  8)

What is out there in the middle of the fog?  A fountain?

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

Very nice PackRat! Love the pictures!

Lews makes a good product. Ive never used their reels but my brother had a red speedstick and I liked it a lot.
Don't Be A Dick!

PackRat

Yep, there is a fountain in the lake. Could see the bass coming and hitting the surface right past the edge of ripples caused by the fountain, but they were not biting anything today. Crappie in the morning and perch in the afternoon.

@lwfits - it's a pretty low end reel; but the wife and the oldest are all in with the fishing so I can see some upgrades coming. Wife snapped my rod in half the other day (one of has to watch the youngest while the other fishes), and my oldest broke the tip off another one - which I could fix. I am going to have to give a seminar on "What to do when you get hung up on snags/rocks" .
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

statmonkey

Quote from: PackRat on October 06, 2014, 01:59:20 AM
Wife snapped my rod in half the other day (one of has to watch the youngest while the other fishes), and my oldest broke the tip off another one - which I could fix. I am going to have to give a seminar on "What to do when you get hung up on snags/rocks" .

Sorry to butt in but this made me rofl.  If you are successful with your training let me know I have an 86 year old father and 25 year old daughter that have many years of training and very little in learning ... but they love to fish and I won't discourage them.  One of the few things my Pop still really enjoys.  If you can videotape that "seminar" bet you could sell a few thousand copies!   Great pics and even though I am not doing much fishing these days am vicariously enjoying the stories.

PackRat

- one of the smaller turtles.

- a big ol' crappie
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

Very nice RatMan.. That crappie looks big enough to be a small mouth!!!

I dev VSIDO