Fishing appears to be popular with this group

PackRat

That's what I thought it was (and what my wife thought she hooked). The youngest and I are actually home recovering today, when I saw the picture I thought they had a nice sized bass, but noticed the head was a bit wrong. Figured it was a catfish of some sort and my daughter was covering the whiskers. As big a crappie as I've ever seen.

Wife made some gumbo out of the other crappie and blue gill we've caught this summer, yum.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

lwfitz

Love the pictures Packrat! I dont have kids but I take my nephew out every other weekend. I get almost as much enjoyment out of watching him catch fish as when I do...... almost!
Don't Be A Dick!

PackRat

Another day another lake - nothing big biting today; caught a few mid-size bluegill in the creek:

a bit of extra adventure today though:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ Perfect.. the pink rod your daughter is using is damned cool!  8)
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

She's becoming quite the expert. The bass and crappie weren't biting so she suggested we go to the creek for some bluegill just to get some action. Second cast she found the school and we slayed them for a couple hours. She caught 7 and I caught 1 - and I've been hearing about ever since. She and mom are heading out bass - and hopefully that big muskie - tomorrow.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ Perfect!  She has all of my blessings to beat the crap out of you in catching the best of it all!  I lub it...

Let me know how you all do!

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Wife caught this one -

perch were biting today as well.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ Nice... The only fishing I will be doing for at least 5 months will be in a shanty with an auger and a saw to cut the ice

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Remember to tie a rope to your auger and lash it to something. The very definition of a sinking feeling when it breaks through the ice and slips out of your numb fingers.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

lwfitz

VastOne Im totally down for some ice fishing! Kinda hard to do when its 80 degrees in December though  ::)

Haven't gone for a couple weeks and I think I'm going through withdrawals!

Heres a couple new pics

Fished 4lb on an 8 foot Fenwick rod rated 2-6lb. Love this rod cuz it bends all the way into the handle!
Don't Be A Dick!

PackRat

Landed her first catfish the other day - I need to get her going on bass & muskie fishing  :D

4 Total - Mom caught 3 of them:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

She is a real cutie!!!

Now that should make for a nice feed!!!  Some nice looking catfish!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

Snap

What weird looking fishes you have around there  :P

I used to fish a lot when I was a kid. Now i only do it occasionally if I have the chance to go north to my homeland on summer holidays. We use to spend evenings fishing in family. But never in a river. Always in the sea. Nicer looking swimning bugs there.

PackRat

Most likely get our salt water licences this spring. Looking forward to some clamming.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

Snap

You cannot find clams in beaches in Northern Spain anymore. Only in protected areas. Mussels at most... But not recommended to eat them unless fully depurated.