(Solved) Keybinds

orcrist

Hello to all
I am back to vsido after several months and it is running happily on my almost five years old DellMini10v netbook (well, after some tweaking to my liking). Many big thanks to VastOne and anyone involved in the forums.
The only thing I need now is to have Crunchbang keybinds, e.g. W-space to bring the menu, move windows with keyboard, W-something to call up several apps. Is there a way to grab whole pieces of Crunchbang's rc.xml and put it somewhere in my system?
Thanks in advance.

jeffreyC

Not going to work.

CrunchBang is Openbox
Openbox uses XML

Vsido is Fluxbox
Fluxbox uses plain text
XML not understood and ignored

http://fluxbox.org/help/man-fluxbox-keys.php

Vsido had Openbox, Xfce and i3 along with Fluxbox, December of last year all but Fluxbox were dropped.

VastOne

^ Correct.. If OB is needed/wanted, it is but a simple apt-get install away...
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

orcrist

Thanks a lot.
Finally I opened the ~/.fluxbox/keys file and after having studied it for 2-3 minutes (as I ought to have done before my post) I made some additions which match my needs.

To anyone who might be interested, I added the following lines at the end of the file:

# open a terminal
Mod4 t :Exec xfce4-terminal

# open Iceweasel
Mod4 w :Exec iceweasel

# open Googgle Chrome
Mod4 c :Exec google-chrome

# open smplayer
Mod4 m :Exec smplayer

# open file manager
Mod4 f :Exec spacefm

# open text editor
Mod4 e :Exec medit

# take a screenshot
Mod4 s :Exec xfce4-screenshooter

# open menu
OnDesktop Mod4 space :RootMenu
OnWindow Mod4 space :RootMenu

Much easier than Openbox's rc.xml...

VastOne

@ orcrist

Welcome back mate!  Thank you for the excellent work and adjustments... I will add your additions to the keys file on the next ISO build so that everyone will have them from now on

I appreciate it!

I also edited your message by putting your code in the code brackets (in edit mode select all text you want in code mode and hit the number # icon)

I dev VSIDO

orcrist

Quote from: VastOne on June 30, 2014, 06:47:35 PM
@ orcrist

Welcome back mate!  Thank you for the excellent work and adjustments... I will add your additions to the keys file on the next ISO build so that everyone will have them from now on

I appreciate it!

I also edited your message by putting your code in the code brackets (in edit mode select all text you want in code mode and hit the number # icon)

VastOne, honestly I feel highly honored although I don't think I made something special.
It also feels great to contribute - I am not accustomed to it.
Thanks.

VastOne

I dev VSIDO