Where Are We From

zbreaker

Seems like an interesting topic. Where do you call home, and include pictures if you'd like.

Myself, presently live approximately 35-40 miles north of New York City in a town called Mount Kisco. All my life previously was in NYC.
Linda (my wife) and I moved here in 1997  seeking a  balance of suburban/country life with ready access to NYC for whatever it might have to offer....which this Saturday will be a Yankees game! 

VastOne

ACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!   He said the Yanks  :'(

Go Bosox!

Great thread starter... well done zbreaker   ;D (even though I almost clicked the report to moderator button... )   ::)
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

zbreaker

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

I'm just a little North of NYC myself.  ;D  Well, I can't actually see the Arctic from here, but it's close!  I still haven't had to mow my yard yet this year, so that is a plus.  However, all the snow removal up here more than makes up for it!  Northern Maine, Presque Isle to be exact!  Trout fishing paradise!  A fly fisherman's heaven!  All you have to do is live through the hell that is WINTER!  Within the last week, we had a night time temp of 20F.
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

ozitraveller

@zbreaker - very pretty condo! ;)

I'm almost the furthest from NYC that I could get and still be on the planet. ATM sunny Melbourne 23C today and a little windy. We're having the last burst of autumn before winter hits.

zbreaker

^
Ahhhh...from the land of Peter64! Our community does stretch out a bit. Always found it a wild concept of the total
180 degree difference in seasons between hemispheres.

ozitraveller

"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder
You better run, you better take cover."

;D

hakerdefo

21°1'18"N 72°53'18"E

Cheers!!!
You Can't Always Git What You Want

zbreaker

India !

We are indeed diverse  8)

PackRat

South Carolina, USA; not too far from here:

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

dizzie

Great!

I'm from Denmark, where we speak denmarkian and have polarbears walking around the streets (An aussie once said that he had heard that, and asked me if it was true. Almost wet my pants laughing!)

No honestly, we dont have any bears or snow all year long, though it seems like it from time to time!

I'll find a nice mugshot later, and post (be aware!)

Cheers!
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

ozitraveller

:o that wasn't me either !!! Well not this time anyway! :)

PackRat

QuoteI'm from Denmark, where we speak denmarkian and have polarbears walking around the streets (An aussie once said that he had heard that, and asked me if it was true. Almost wet my pants laughing!)

That's so funny when people ask those sorts of questions. I spent most of my life in Oregon and Nevada; people from the northeast (New York and Massachusetts mostly) would seriously ask if we were still having trouble with the Sioux and Apache tribes, and how we dealt with them.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

dizzie

Quote from: PackRat on May 18, 2014, 01:30:35 AM
That's so funny when people ask those sorts of questions. I spent most of my life in Oregon and Nevada; people from the northeast (New York and Massachusetts mostly) would seriously ask if we were still having trouble with the Sioux and Apache tribes, and how we dealt with them.

Ahahahahahaha!! That's just too funny! :-)
Gotta love ignorant people :-)

8)
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |