(SOLVED) GMB looks like *&#^

jedi

Hello all...
Recently opened GMB and the looks of it were less than desirable.  Did an rm -rf ~/gmusicbrowser, and then did a git in order to be sure I had the latest version.  (I do)  Below are a couple of scrots to explain things.  I've lost the title bar at the top of the windows as you can see.  I can still do an alt left click and drag them wherever, just would like to have the title bars back.
Also the 2nd issue, my layouts are all screwed!  The one in use in the scrot below is VastOne Latest.  It obviously should not be so large and with the play indicator spread over half my screen real estate, with the titles a mile up and to the left...
Any advice/help appreciated.  Tried hakerdefoe's Trolltech.conf trick a while back with very pleasing results.  This had no effect at all at the time on GMB during the subsequent weeks I used that Trolltech.conf file.  I changed it back to the original Trolltech.conf file with no results.  (Didn't fix anything)
I love VastOne's layouts, and am really wanting them to go back to normal.  Anyone else seen this behavior?

The terminal is showing the output when started from the terminal...

The layout current look.  (VastOne Latest is the layout I'm using)

And as you can see here, no title bars...

Thanks guys and gals...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

What theme are you using?  Has that changed recently?  Has there been any recent removal of libraries in a perl transition? or pythons?

Deleting or rm -rf ~/gmusicbrowser does not do a lot and is really not necessary to get the latest git.. going to that directory in terminal and running git pull will do the same thing

The real settings for GMB is what you create and then is saved within ~/.config/gmusicbrowser in the gmbrc files stored there.  Within that directory you will see several backups of gmbrc files that may be helpful in a bit...  see below

For now, run this in terminal

~/gmusicbrowser/gmusicbrowser.pl -nofifo -nodbus -cfg /tmp/newgmbrc

This will start a new gmbrc vanilla version of GMB... no settings are there at all, not even your library.  This gives you a chance to start and add all new things in GMB. Go ahead and diddle with it and add things until you see a break or something different.

... below!  OR, you could rename the current gmbrc to gmbrc.now and then rename one of the backups from a date you know was good to gmbrc to see if it is a config issue gone bad within your backup

Either way, this will give us an idea of what is happening

and BTW, I cannot recreate this...
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Fixed by the great one VastOne!!!  Thanks buddy!!!

Had to go into ~/.fluxbox/apps and remove the references to GMB.  Restarted Fluxbox, restarted GMusicBrowser, voila, all is well and good with the world...

Best Dev Ever or what?   ;D
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

Dafuq?  I did nothing, it was all V-Ger, the Creator...

It was a fluxbox issue and not a gmb issue
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO