VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

zbreaker

^
Stunningly beautiful wallpaper!

PackRat

^^ Yes, share that wall.

Glutton for punishment, clean install of funtoo - all day to get to this point (sort of missing VSIDO at the moment):

good ol' vsido on the desktop, though -

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ I admire your desires to explore!

Thanks to both of you...

Here is the wall

I dev VSIDO

zbreaker

VastOne

^ That is an excellent example of a great VSIDO desktop!

Thanks!

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Quote from: VastOne on May 02, 2014, 02:32:29 AM
^ That is an excellent example of a great VSIDO desktop!

Thanks!

that, and a nice choice of music.

@vastone - gentoo/gentoo based distros are the only mainline disto that I've never completely installed (had a couple epic failures though) so it's now the current quest to get a gentoo system up and running.

As a sidebar note to anyone with mad gimp skills; can that VSIDO orb logo in the terminal be made semi-transparent so it looks more like a watermark?
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ That is how mine is by making it that via the terminal... having said that I will now get to work on replacing the image with a semi transparent one

Thanks for the suggestion!  8)

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

VSIDO (server) -

Funtoo (client) -

Just have to figure out how to get a custom kernel to compile correctly (3 epic failures to date) on funtoo/gentoo and that will be it. Got everything else working the way I want.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ Nice work Mr Rat Man!

I am getting 3.14 ISO's ready as we speak... they will be out in an hour.

Your server is already there, how do you like the 3.14 kernel?

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

It is smooth. I tweak it for my cpu and unload some of the video drivers - like trident - that I'll never use and pick up a bit of performance.

Unfortunately, the gentoo build script has failed twice on me - X doesn't work. Tried a manual configure and screwed the pooch on that one myself. The debian method I use always works - score one for debian. I'll have to plow through the gentoo wiki a bit more before trying again.

Using VSIDO for an NFS file/media server. Need to get it going as an (internal) ftp server; I carried over my ftp configuration from slackware (or so I thought), but something isn't right now. But all things considered VSIDO as server = happiness.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

My first for May!  You know me and blue...

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

Quote from: PackRat on May 04, 2014, 01:54:42 AM
It is smooth. I tweak it for my cpu and unload some of the video drivers - like trident - that I'll never use and pick up a bit of performance.

Using VSIDO for an NFS file/media server. Need to get it going as an (internal) ftp server; I carried over my ftp configuration from slackware (or so I thought), but something isn't right now. But all things considered VSIDO as server = happiness.

Great to hear that about a VSIDO server...  How do you go about the tweak and removal with the kernel?  That would be a great How To if you ever felt up to it

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Quote from: jedi on May 04, 2014, 08:56:30 AM
My first for May!  You know me and blue...

WOW!  Intense and beautiful Blue

I dev VSIDO