VastOne

• Standard 2 week update as a rolling distro
  • Updated all applications to the latest SID levels

All files and torrents can be downloaded from the VSIDO Download page
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

Its about time!

As always, thanks for the great work buddy!
Don't Be A Dick!

zbreaker

^
What he said!

Things have been a bit quieter in the forum lately.
Guess the warmer temperatures have been getting more of us out & about.

VastOne

^ Yar... I am thinking of offering a reward for any bugs found

Or, redoing the VSIDO welcome page to 'Welcome to the most boring distro there is, it just works and we are sorry about that' and 'Go hop like the distro whore that you want to be and when your oats are sowed, come home to the stability of VSIDO'

???

I dev VSIDO

statmonkey

As a reformed distro whore I am offended by that  :P  Seriously amazed by the robustness of VSIDO.  I was away from my box for 4 months, ran the update - shivered when I saw all the stuff to be done and plunged in.  Update ran and the box never missed a step.  As always a fantastic job. No complaints is a nice problem.

It's good to be back.  While I was off I picked up a pebble as a gag.  Fantastic device, just amazingly useful.  I am reading the SDK now and fear I am headed down the pebble rabbit hole.  Hmm, I need a VSIDO forum feed so I can get it on my watch.

jeffreyC

VastOne you are just ruining it, SID is Debian UNstable and here you are making it boring and stable  :D

jedi

Actually, in all honesty, this is the most "Stable" Linux distro I've ever ran.  (Wow is it really coming up on 2 years?)  I can also attest that as an official tester since the beginning of VSIDO, that it has always been this way.  I don't know how many ISO's have been released since VastOne went public, but even before that, during testing, stability was never an issue.  I'll bet I've tested 'hundreds' of ISO's.  There were the rare events where something might not have gone just right, but I know for a fact, that can't be blamed on SID!

VSIDO has been running on my last 3 laptops dating back to Sept. 12, 2012.  (the day I received my first ISO to test)  No matter the machine, no matter the issue, hands down, the best distro I've ever had the pleasure of using.  While I will readily admit to being a 'distro hopping whore' for a long time, those days are gone.  The rare event when I try something else now, I start off comparing things to VSIDO, and within hours (sometimes far less) will have thrown my hands up in disgust, and gotten rid of whatever distro I was whoring around with!

That is the true definition of "Distro Spoiled"!!!  There have been "test ISO's" that the public never got to see of VSIDO.  These "test ISO's" were usually/mostly better than some distro's "Official Release"!  I'm proud that I've gotten to work on this project since the beginning, and am amazed at VastOne's abilities.  They are nothing short of staggering to say the least.

Along for that ride, from the beginning, has been lwfitz who I'm sure will back me up here.  We have thrown everything at VSIDO.  It was originally started off as a SID based distro with the Xfce DE as it's official Desktop Environment, and at the behest of an anonymous party, Openbox was thrown in along the way as well.  Upon trying Fluxbox, we all voted/decided that Fluxbox was the way we wanted to go.  No regrets there at all.  Fluxbox has been a wonderful addition to VSIDO, and it is mentioned on the Fluxbox official wiki website as being a Fluxbox only distro.  (as seen here; http://fluxbox-wiki.org/index.php?title=InTheWild, at the top of the list!)  lwfitz and myself have also (speaking in whispers here) thrown full blown Gnome3, and the latest KDE4 on it as well, with stunning results.  (yes Cinnamon and Mate have both worked as well)  Dizzie, another guy who's helped along the way, has come up with several configs for WM's like i3, and pekWM, among others.

To say this is a 'boring' distro is a bit of a misnomer, but in the context we're talking here, quite an extraordinary compliment to the distro.  VastOne, who has been developing VSIDO for over 2 years now, on his own, has done an exemplary job, and his creation will hopefully live on for years to come!

jedi
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

zbreaker

VastOne

I dev VSIDO