Not sure

cobaltwolfe

Alright so since my normal rig currently has a failed HDD I've now installed Vsido on an old Toshiba Satelitte with a P4 3.0Ghz CPU 2GB ram and a 60Gb HDD. (yes everything is working perfectly especially the wireless at the moment.) However there is one Issue and I'm not sure if system or Steam itself. I've had Steam installed on multiple Distros and I've not seen it do this yet. (Please see attachment) Steam was installed directly from the Repos using Apt-get. I'm not sure what to make of this as its not Fluxbox themes interfering (as far as I can tell).

Any thoughts on what is causing this?

And on a random note is Adblock plus auto installing itself normal right now?

VastOne

I have never opened or installed steam, no help there... sorryz...

Adblock Plus is a default that I keep forgetting to take out....

Consider it done on the next ISO... just disable or uninstall it now

Thanks
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

cobaltwolfe

Quote from: VastOne on April 02, 2014, 03:02:35 AM
I have never opened or installed steam, no help there... sorryz...

Adblock Plus is a default that I keep forgetting to take out....

Consider it done on the next ISO... just disable or uninstall it now

Thanks

Lol alright will do. was just wondering on that one really. As for Steam issue its just interesting.

dizzie

Might be one of... 1. Not meeting system requirements (sure it says 1Gb, but on a 2Gb machine... I donno *shrug*) or 2. That toshibas graphicscard or lack of (not enough mem on it? Driver issues? Bit of both. Post the output of "inxi -Fz" with a question usually helps too :)
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

cobaltwolfe

Quote from: dizzie on April 02, 2014, 04:20:03 AM
Might be one of... 1. Not meeting system requirements (sure it says 1Gb, but on a 2Gb machine... I donno *shrug*) or 2. That toshibas graphicscard or lack of (not enough mem on it? Driver issues? Bit of both. Post the output of "inxi -Fz" with a question usually helps too :)

Well now thats a nifty little command. As for the Steam thing I am not attempting to run any games from it just be able to be signed in a speak with people who I only can contact through it. I know this thing will not allow gaming (me desktop will do that one)

anyway here is the output of that command and its actually interesting.

System:    Host: Fistandantilus Kernel: 3.13-1-686-pae i686 (32 bit) Desktop: Fluxbox 1.3.5 Distro: VSIDO 3 savant-hakerdafo
Machine:   System: TOSHIBA product: Satellite A75 version: PSA70U-004004
           Mobo: TOSHIBA model: EDW10 version: Null Bios: TOSHIBA version: V1.60 date: 11/06/2008
CPU:       Single core Mobile Intel Pentium 4 CPU (-HT-) cache: 1024 KB flags: (pae sse sse2 sse3)
           Clock Speeds: 1: 1867.00 MHz 2: 1867.00 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] RS300M [Mobility Radeon 9100 IGP]
           X.Org: 1.15.0 drivers: ati,radeon (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1280x800@60.0hz
           GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI R200 (RS300 5835) x86/MMX/SSE2 TCL DRI2 GLX Version: 1.3 Mesa 10.1.0
Audio:     Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] IXP150 AC'97 Audio Controller driver: snd_atiixp
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture ver: k3.13-1-686-pae
Network:   Card-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] IXP200 3COM 3C920B Ethernet Controller
           IF: N/A state: N/A speed: N/A duplex: N/A mac: N/A
           Card-2: Realtek RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ driver: 8139too
           IF: eth0 state: down mac: <filter>
           Card-3: Qualcomm Atheros AR5212/AR5213 Wireless Network Adapter driver: ath5k
           IF: wlan0 state: up mac: <filter>
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 60.0GB (4.4% used) 1: id: /dev/sda model: IC25N060ATMR04 size: 60.0GB
Partition: ID: / size: 53G used: 2.5G (5%) fs: ext2 ID: swap-1 size: 2.68GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap
Sensors:   None detected - is lm-sensors installed and configured?
Info:      Processes: 100 Uptime: 4 min Memory: 205.9/1388.7MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 1.9.14

Yes my computer is named after a character from Dragonlance lol.

But on another note what I find interesting is the ram, right before I put this (Vsido) on here I checked the ram through XP and it stated that there was 1.4Gb installed. Opened the case and there is only one single ram slot and 1 stick obviously. So I had thought that there was maybe something funky going on with XP and it was a 2Gb stick (I did check the stick but its not stated on it what it is and honestly didn't look it up.
As for asking a question...
What would cause steam to appear that way? Even though this thing can't do any gaming it should be able to handle loading the UI properly.

dizzie

As I said earlier, it could be a driver issue (Radeon) I had some funky issues in my past using a 5770.

Tried searching for the issue on the steam forum?
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

PackRat

Have you tried changing the gtk and fluxbox themes from the defaults? I sometimes have the same issue with apps other than steam (which I have never used) and it's usually resolved when I change the themes.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ Really?  Now that is interesting... I have not ran into that but if it happens again with another app please let me know to test it
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Iceweasel (I think there is another thread about it) and synaptic are typical culprits.

I've always attributed it to a fluxbox-gtk3 issue; never really pursued a fix.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

cobaltwolfe

Quote from: PackRat on April 02, 2014, 12:44:54 PM
Have you tried changing the gtk and fluxbox themes from the defaults? I sometimes have the same issue with apps other than steam (which I have never used) and it's usually resolved when I change the themes.

This was actually the first thing that i tried and nothing changed. I'm going to be re installing straight from the .deb that's from the steam website and see what happens. Every other system it was installed that way and had no issues. But shortly after my last reply i did apt-get update and and was going to remove and re install but there are indexes that refuse to download and update so wondering if that might be part of it.