Back once again lol.

cobaltwolfe

Hello all it has been quite a long time since I was last online here. Many many things have happened in the interim and it left me without a laptop for a long while but I will be picking up a Dell D620 in a couple of days and installing Vsido on it. Well anywho figured I would do a semi re-intorduction since it has been so long...

So...... Hello All!

VastOne

Welcome back man... It is good to see you again and we are glad to have you

Hopefully all is better and you can get back to enjoying VSIDO!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

zbreaker

Welcome back cobaltwolfe. This is indeed the place to be ;)

jedi

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

cobaltwolfe

Quote from: VastOne on March 25, 2014, 12:32:29 AM
Welcome back man... It is good to see you again and we are glad to have you

Hopefully all is better and you can get back to enjoying VSIDO!

Ty for the welcome.

While the laptop didn't end up working out (RAM way to expensive to justify) I did get to build a free system that has the following specs
Intel Pentium D 3.2Ghz
4Gb DDR2 800
BFG Geforce 7900 GS OC
160Gb HDD + 1Tb external attached

This should be an interesting experience I'm downloading the ISO now as I type this.

VastOne

I have a couple of machines with a lot less than that and they run perfectly

Have fun with it ... let us know how it goes and if you need anything

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

Welcome back cobaltwolfe! Those specs arent bad at all and should make for a great experiance for you and vsido.

The Pentium D is a fantastic budget cpu for socket 775 boards.  You can get them from amazon for as little as $25 (used) and they last forever.
Don't Be A Dick!

cobaltwolfe

Quote from: lwfitz on March 29, 2014, 08:01:55 AM
Welcome back cobaltwolfe! Those specs arent bad at all and should make for a great experiance for you and vsido.

The Pentium D is a fantastic budget cpu for socket 775 boards.  You can get them from amazon for as little as $25 (used) and they last forever.

I was actually quite thoroughly enjoying the system (After updating the Gfx to a XFX Radeon HD 7770 Ghz edition) but then the HDD decided to crap out on me. Meh once I can order a new one this thing should last a fairly decent amount of time especially for gaming with that graphics card.

Currently I'm running the Vsido X32 on a Toshiba Satellite with a P4 @ 3Ghz 2Gb Ram and a 60Gb HDD I'm only having one single issue which was put into the general section.

I'm rather glad to be back here. I loved #! but I've always been a fan of going for broke and using the unstable and testing sides of Debian. I've broken my computers more times than I can count and loved almost every minute of it as it forces me to learn more and more.

VastOne

The thing is, when is SID unstable?  6 years using it now and I can count on two fingers how many times it has borked...

Wait!  One finger, my middle one!  It was Perl Jam I and Perl Jam II that caused both

perl has a shitty way of blind siding all other apps in updating with little or no warning

#! is what it is... something I could never go back to

I dev VSIDO

dizzie

I'd die a happy man, if i'll never have to use #! again! f*** that shit :-)
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

PackRat

Quote from: VastOne on April 02, 2014, 03:10:13 AM
The thing is, when is SID unstable?  6 years using it now and I can count on two fingers how many times it has borked...

Wait!  One finger, my middle one!  It was Perl Jam I and Perl Jam II that caused both

perl has a shitty way of blind siding all other apps in updating with little or no warning

#! is what it is... something I could never go back to

Never had the issue with perl, the only time I've had sid or testing spontaneously bork was when some gnome library wasn't updated with the rest of gnome. On the other hand, I wish I had a US dollar for every time I managed to bork it.

Welcome back cobaltwolfe.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo