[Solved] How is the conky top panel started?

tlinsley

Hola!

Not a conky fan, so wanted to remove it.  Nothing wrong with it, in fact very nicely done, I just don't use conky normally.

Went into "Application Autostart", de-selected Conky, de-selected save session, cleared saved sessions, restarted, and there's Conky stubbornly staring back at me.  Where is it getting started?

Obviously I can apt-get remove it, but that seems so brutal.  Just looking for a more "surgical" approach.

Thanks for the help!

Sector11

Interesting I'm a conky addict and use OpenBox normally.  So I logged into an Xfce sessions and did what you did and there it is again.

Try renaming /usr/local/bin/conkystart.sh see if that does the trick.
That's what I'm going to do right now.

No, that didn't work, neither did renaming ~/.config/autostart/Conky.desktop

Sorry, I'm an early bird here, so you'll have to wait for a more experienced Xfce4 user.
Stay Home

tlinsley

Yeah I tried similar to what you did.  I vi'd the script and stuck an "exit 0" at the top.  But still conky defiantly stares back at me.

I almost think it is an authorization issue.  Because I also de-selected the script which kills the xcfe4-panel, then configured my own panel.  But I still see evidence of the script running every time I restart the system.  Almost like it is not really saving changes made through the gui (damn gui's!).

VastOne

killall conky from terminal

then as you log out of Xfce tick or untick

Save desktop settings

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Sector11

Stay Home

VastOne

It all depends on if conky was on when the last saved settings were done.. As you see, I have edit that post to show tick or untick

I dev VSIDO

tlinsley

#$%^#$%^   Boy do I feel stoopid!  I looked everywhere but the logout dialogue.  Worst part is I knew better.

I shall mark it resolved.  Not even getting the xfce4-panel is in kiosk mode message anymore.

Thanks VastOne!  Very nice distro by the way.  If I can work through my intermittent dhcp issues, I will probably use it as my main for a while.  Thanks again.

VastOne

Thanks tlinsley!

Let us know these issues and see if we can make it even better

I dev VSIDO