LibreOffice

Gordon

Hi All

Not sure if this is in the wright place, If not please shift it mod's.

I can't get my printer to print and I have no idea as to why. It works fine on #! and it seems to print on VSIDO but it does not put any charactures on the printed page. I am using Version: 4.1.5.3 Build ID: 410m0(Build:3) of libreoffice and running the experimental addon as well ( this is only on vsido ) but I don't think its that as it didn't print before I added the addon.

Any ideas' as to why please ? :(
Cheers :D
Gordon
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA69G-S3H , 8 Gb Ram, Realtek RX550 Graphics,  VSIDO

lwfitz

Sounds like a bad driver or bad driver install. Maybe try removing the printer and then re-adding it? What printer do you have?
Don't Be A Dick!

Gordon

Hi lwfitz

Sorry about the delay but not been on for a few days.
My printer is an Epson DX5000. Just tried to delete the printer via system-config-printer but it will not delete it.
Can I delete it by some other means ?
Gordon

dizzie

Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

lwfitz

No problem buddy.

Have you tried printing from a different program? This will tell us if its libreoffice related or something else like a driver.

Ive setup MANY different printers via the printer config in VSIDO and the only issue I ever ran into was permissions. Try running the printer config as root. Maybe thats why you cant remove the printer.
Don't Be A Dick!

jedi

Try to add your username to the lpadmin group.  You'll have to do it with sudo...

sudo adduser username lpadmin

Then try to remove and add your printer through your browser of choice using the "localhost:631" address.  That will get you to the interface for CUPS and you should be able to click the 'Administration' link at the top of that page and do what you need to do...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

Gordon

Hi All

@ jedi, Thanks jedi but already done that one from a previous try  :)

@ lwfitz Just tried to print from medit using fstab but no luck. Goes through the motions but doesn't actually put any print on paper even after I have done as dizzie suggested and reinstalled the printer via localhost. :(

@ dizzie Thanks for that. just deleted my printer as root and reinstalled via localhost  :)
Gordon

Gordon

Hi All

Forgot to mention this before but when I hit the print button it closes libreoffice down.

I have just replaced the driver with a previous version so I am now getting print on the page but as stated it shuts Libreoffice down, Just something else to keep you giong  :D :D
Gordon

PackRat

Local or network printer?

If it's network, try connecting it as a local printer and see if you can print that way.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

Gordon

Hi PackRat

Thanks for the reply

I don't have a network only a single PC and the printer is set as default local printer
Gordon