Howdy

superwow

Howdy from a new VSIDO user (VSIDian?). I had happily been using #! for quite some time until I accidentally installed a conflicting architecture. Which basically borked #!. Along about that time, I was given the opportunity to place an order for a linux rig at my workplace. Linux at work? Pretty commonplace for a scientist like me. But they only allow linux installs for certain distros and one is Debian (but not #!). They have not yet given word on SID, but, to keep things simple, I decided to switch my home system to one my IT dept would allow, and configure the two machines identically. VastOne has amazing tutorials and helpz on the #! forums and thus drew me here to VSIDO! I'm enjoying my heretofore brief residence in VSIDO land.

I have had terrible install issues due to UEFI / MBR / GPT conflicts. If you're in the same boat, search for my other posts.

But for now, 2% CPU?! That's even better than #! Oh and transparent FB menus with color in them, pretty colors......

VastOne

Welcome superwow and thank you for your diligence ... I am sure there will be others who can learn from the path you have traveled to get here.  I appreciate it!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

zbreaker

Hey superwow..welcome to VISIDO :)

Like you I was a #! user in addition to my main install of Slackware. I still frequent their forum from time to time to encourage new users.
However I've made the move up to VSIDO. Not exactly a household name but a great work, true labor of love  for VastOne and a cool and
helpful community.

VastOne

^ Thank you !  I appreciate that

I am glad someone remembers the work I did at #!...  :-X
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Welcome to VSIDO superwow!  Glad to see your finally here!  Congrats on the install and way to stick with it!!!   ;D
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

lwfitz

Welcome superwow! Glad you made it here with us!
Don't Be A Dick!