Host Name - exim4 - Internal Mail - DNS issue?

jedi

Not having troubles per se, but was wondering if someone smarter than me could point me to the file to fix this;

jed@vsido U=jed P=local S=294

My hostname is jedsdesk on my VSIDO install.  /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname both reflect that correctly...  However, I've had to reinstall 'exim4' in order to get the internal mail working.  This was the error just prior to re-installing 'exim4'.

jed@jedsdesk:~$ mail jed
Subject: test
test
Cc: 2014-02-04 20:43:28 1WArWS-00061S-Ci Cannot open main log file "/var/log/exim4/mainlog": Permission denied: euid=102 egid=105
2014-02-04 20:43:28 1WArWS-00061S-Ci <= jed@vsido U=jed P=local S=294
2014-02-04 20:43:28 1WArWS-00061S-Ci Cannot open main log file "/var/log/exim4/mainlog": Permission denied: euid=102 egid=105
exim: could not open panic log - aborting: see message(s) above
Can't send mail: sendmail process failed with error code 1

Advice/help appreciated!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

I am tracking this down with jedi

A solution has been found to fix the hostname

sudo dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config

and  running this fixes the mail issue

sudo install --reinstall exim4-base

I am now working on trying to see what the issue is on a brand new install and correcting it on the next ISO builds.
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

I built a bare metal install ... and set it up as jedi log in, jedi hostname

mail worked

Ran vsido-welcome and after each phase of installs I ran mail and it worked

Rebooted and mail still worked

Not a VSIDO issue...  ???

Jedi will get me the list of all the things he installed additionally and I'll test these as well

Cheers...
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous