Once again back here...

PackRat

Quote from: ew on January 17, 2014, 02:26:03 AM
@PackRat

That`s fine. I haven`t got that far yet. I`m working on appearance and functionality, trying to get the tint2 and the menus, as I want them. But there were so many tint2-configs in the system that I got a bit confused, But now it`s kind of sorted out. Except adjusting which layers the different windows and panels should belong to, in order to give me the result that I want :D The next thing is to figure out how Show/Toggle desktop works in fluxbox :)

To show desktop add this key binding to ~/.fluxbox/keys:

Mod4 F12 :ToggleCmd {ShowDesktop} {DeIconify all originquiet}               # Mod4 is the Win key on my laptop

Mod4 + F12 will switch (Toggle) betwenn ShowDesktop and DeIconify all; change "Mod4 F12" to whatever key binding you want to use, leave the rest as is. As far as I know you can TooleCmd through as many commands (scripts) as you want - for example, I think you'd be able to cycle through 6 conky configurations/layouts if you wanted to.

Here are the all the various commands for key bindings - http://fluxbox-wiki.org/index.php?title=Keyboard_shortcuts#Currently_Focused_Window_Commands
The fluxbox wiki is pretty good.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ The FluxBox wiki is very nice...

I got them to update the InTheWild page to include VSIDO
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

ew

Quote from: VastOne on January 17, 2014, 06:29:58 PM
^ The FluxBox wiki is very nice...

I got them to update the InTheWild page to include VSIDO

I`ve already found the wiki, and I use Super+m to do this: Mod4 m :ToggleCmd {ShowDesktop} {DeIconify all originquiet}

It works fine, but the behaviour isn`t like I wanted it to be. Because tint2 is treated like a window. So at this time it works well as a "panic/lock button", but it doesn`t really fill the function that I initially wanted it to. But I solved it by a different tint2-setup where I don`t need this behaviour. Problem solved, and I`m getting there with Fluxbox. At this point I can`t see any issue continuing to use Fluxbox, so I`m a very happy camper :D

-ew
-----------------------------
"What happens when you read some doc and either it doesn't answer your question or is demonstrably wrong? In Linux, you say "Linux sucks" and go read the code. In Windows/Oracle/etc you say "Windows sucks" and start banging your head against the wall."
--- Denis Vlasenko on lkml

PackRat

Add/Change in your tint2rc -

panel_dock = 1

to put tint2 in the fluxbox slit (dock). That should keep it visible when you iconify everything to show the desktop. In the fluxbox configuration menu, configure the slit to be where you want your tint2 taskbar to be - bottom left looks like in your screenshot.

You'll may only be able to do this with one tint2 configuration so the tint2 panel with the systray and battery meter will get iconified - you can try putting them both in the slit and see if they auto resize or something.

Probably want to start yourself a general help fluxbox thread and move out of the feedback section at this point.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo