January 2014 Screenshots

jedi

Quote from: jeffreyC on January 19, 2014, 12:04:46 PM
Why ?
Xfce4-terminal has drop down and is already in Vsido.
Thanks for pointing that out jeffreyC!  I immediately rid myself of Guake and Terminator!  Quick little one line fix to the keys file in .fluxbox, and xfce4-terminal --drop-down is working perfectly!!!
Back on topic, a scrot of nothing really, move along...

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

A thread has been posted in the Tint2 Configs and screenshots thread with all the configs in the scrot below...

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

lwfitz

Wow, as usual you all have out done yourselves.

Pretty simple one. Fluxbox with tint2. Its official... Im back to loving FB again

Don't Be A Dick!

jedi

Probably stick with this setup for a while.  Finally have a fairly cool setup that I like!  Oh and a lot less blue...

Forum Netiquette

VastOne

@lwfitz ... nice, stick around a while this time!

@jedi, wow!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

@ jedi - Love the green. Just out of curiosity, what benefit do you get/like from a drop-down terminal? I've set one up just to see it in action, but never really gave it a go. Always curious to know the hows and whys of when app-meets-user.

back on topic -  pretty much a wallpaper change, and a bit of tao -

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

lwfitz

Quote from: VastOne on January 20, 2014, 03:30:32 PM
@lwfitz ... nice, stick around a while this time!

Come on now, I'm not going anywhere....... I mean where would I go? This is the only forum where I don't ewant to choke everyone out  :D
Don't Be A Dick!

jedi

The drop-down feature is nice when your doing a lot of stuff in the terminal, you can just hit a key on the keyboard and it is gone, but still working.  Hit the key again and there it is still doing whatever it is that you had it doing.  Probably not for everyone, I had used Quake drop down terminal in the past, (long ago) and had been looking for another.  Xfce4-terminal --drop-down does a wonderful job.  It also adds a tab in the preferences to make some adjustments...
Forum Netiquette

jeffreyC

Quote from: jedi on January 21, 2014, 12:54:39 PM
The drop-down feature is nice when your doing a lot of stuff in the terminal, you can just hit a key on the keyboard and it is gone, but still working.  Hit the key again and there it is still doing whatever it is that you had it doing.  Probably not for everyone, I had used Quake drop down terminal in the past, (long ago) and had been looking for another.  Xfce4-terminal --drop-down does a wonderful job.  It also adds a tab in the preferences to make some adjustments...
Also nice if you are using GUI and need to do a quick command i.e. kill a program that is behaving badly.
Or using something like plait or pms (poor mans spotify)

PackRat

@jedi, jeffryC - thanks

some i3 today -

found out xfe file manager was still in development (or project revived) so giving latest version a look - hasn't changed a whole lot:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

Digit

[heretical post]
exherbo scrots, shshsh
http://ks392457.kimsufi.com/stuff/scrot3.png (tmux in rxvt)
http://ks392457.kimsufi.com/stuff/scrot4.png (pretty new artwork)
[/heretical post]

PackRat

^ that artwork is awesome.

openbox with tint2 panel and launcher -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

zbreaker

Quite simple, but comfy...conky needs a bit of refinement :D

VastOne

^ That's an awesome setup zbreaker!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO