January 2014 Screenshots

VastOne

Really nice work from all of you, well done!   8)
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

I haven't posted a scrot this year?  The new WUN weather script by MrPeachy at the top right.  Simple system conky on the left with a neat little "inxi" trick at the bottom that shows the temperature outside of the city I live in.  (well if it can be called a city)  There's really no such thing as a city in the Northern Maine Woods!

And yes I switched back to Tint2!  Sorry lxpanel, I just like the looks of Tint2 better!  BTW, the WUN weather script I mentioned is definitely cool as it's "interactive" or "clickable".  Click on the 'Hours' button at the bottom, and it'll give you the next 10 hours forecast for whatever weather station you have it pointed at.  Also the 10 after that!  As well as being able to click on each day and get a more detailed forecast up top beside the current weather icon.  Some really sweet LUA work indeed.

Also, while we are probably not the first to utilize 'inxi' in a Conky, it is a great idea and was basically effortless on my part to get it done since VastOne did it for me!!!  What a dev huh?  If it'll show you the weather where you live, imagine what else you can do with it!

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

Digit

yep.  it's useful interactivity like that which will one day get me back onto conky.

zbreaker

Geez  jedi. You do indeed come up with the coolest desktops!

lwfitz

@ Jedi.....

Really? Thats all you got?  :D

Beautiful work as always!
Don't Be A Dick!

PackRat

@jedi - nice

cleaning up some fluxbox themes, looking for more interesting fonts today -

Came across this site for fonts - plenty in there I hadn't seen before - http://openfontlibrary.org/en
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

@jedi - very nice!

@ Rat Man - I lub it... talk to Digit about fonts, he has created a few you may like

I dev VSIDO

Digit

note to self, go back n put fonts up on openfontlibrary once i get over how miffed i am at the site's shortcomings and stringencies

PackRat

^ that will be cool

Sooner or later, I get back to using fvwm -

All fvwm:

with lxpanel:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

Digit

http://openfontlibrary.org/en/guidebook/submission_guidelines ugh, idk if i can be assed.   
that's a long checklist for each font... and i currently have well over a dozen, and rising.

much easier just to have my fonts uploaded to my site http://ks392457.kimsufi.com/stuff/fonts/ and might put them up on gnome-look.org or whatever.
(this isnt as off-topic as it might seem... there are scrots of my fonts in that dir on my site)

mrneilypops

jedi

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

^ Wow!  Like every other one, that is incredible...  8)

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

@jed - nice!

Messing around - swapped out conky for xosview - one of those lesser known apps. xfce4-terminal with no titlebar, scrollbar:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ Interesting... never heard of xosview... I have installed it and am now playing with it

Thanks for that

I dev VSIDO