Me have a life? Unpossible!

lwfitz

Well, I dont know the last time I posted a facebook status update and I most certainly have never tweeted what I had for breakfast but I thought Id share a little about myself with those of you who dont know me.

I dont have a wife or kids but I do have a very hard working (mostly self employed) family that I work and spend most of my time with.

My mother has owned a toy store for almost 25 years and about two years ago she went into business with my brother and opened a tackle shop. I myself own a contract I.T company that was just voted best computer services for the area that I live in.
My family is pretty special in that most of us work together and enjoy each other. Kinda rare now days I think.

So if the 7 day work week isnt enough I am also grateful to be able to play Santa Clause for our town. I get to be in our Christmas parade and go all around town during the month of December and make kids smile. Its a lot of work and sometimes stressful but totally worth it. My Uncle Jim got to do this for about 17 years so when I got asked to take his place when he passed I felt pretty honored.

The link below is for a local new station but the santa clause they show is me and the woman they interview is my mom.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?id=9344307
Don't Be A Dick!

jedi

Wow lwfitz, great honor getting the vote for the small biz award, and kudo's to your mom on the great interview.  She looks like she has been on TV every-day!

You make a perfect Santa, and what a wonderful thing you do for your community!  You make it demonstrable, the great people we have here at VSIDO donating time to not just this "community" project, but to your home communities as well.  Congrats again, and here's hoping Santa doesn't have to stand in that rain every day till Christmas!!!  Your the MAN!!!   ;D
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

Made my day, week, month and year lwfitz... shine on buddy, shine on!

Great family!   ;D

P.S. - This makes up for that fecking triple bogey curse you put on me earlier this year... (you bastad!)   :-*
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

lwfitz

Thanks guys!

@ Jedi

Mom says thanks  8)
The funny thing is, over the years she has been interviewed on tv numerous times but this is the one she least liked. So made her feel good that you thought that.

I figure I abused my community for a long time so part of changing should be to give back and help a little.   8)

@VasyOne 

:D  :D ok that's fair!

My goal in life is to be the same everywhere that people come in contact with me. So the person who I am when I'm with friends is the person that I am when I'm with family and/or alone. Makes for a far more peaceful existence.
Don't Be A Dick!

zbreaker

Very cool lwfitz.

You are indeed "salt of the earth". I would have never guessed it after constantly diverting my eyes from your disturbing avatar ;)
It is quite refreshing to see things like this nowadays.

VastOne

^ Kind of the same philosophy I have with VSIDO... to be just like my friend lwfitz
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Digit

makes me feel better about my life.  makes me realise how much "accept the package-deal nuclear family" guff i still have bouncing around my neurons. 

also makes me wonder some astrology stuff... wondering if there's a few taueans or capricorns in the family, or maybe some with cancer/leo prominent in their chart...