VSIDO Debian ISO's updated today, added the following SpaceFM setup

VastOne

VSIDO Debian ISO's updated today, added the following SpaceFM setup  - Edit - Added the what that was done

• I had an old setup of the SpaceFM configs in /etc/skel that was still using udisks as the mount tools and not udevil, that has been corrected.  /etc/xdg is the proper area for the configuration and after a talk with the SpaceFM developer IgnorantGuru, I sorted it out and got it right

• I also added two right click tools to the SpaceFM menu, one to open the current directory in terminal and the other to open the current directory as root.  These two functions I use at least 20 times a day and I was tired of having to go to The File Menu area to engage them

Attached is the new default setup for SpaceFM ...

This needs to be extracted to /etc/xdg as root

Remember that SpaceFM must be closed when you do this or it will maintain your current settings

To have it work for your current setup, you will need to remove what you have currently in /home/yourusername/.config/spacefm (the entire directory)

The next time you start SpaceFM, the new setup will be there

Warning!  If you have current alterations to SpaceFM that you have created, they will be lost
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

statmonkey

VastOne if it's not to much to ask what changed with Spaceman?  I have been buried with a couple of projects did I miss something?  I downloaded the tar but guess I am missing the idea behind this.

VastOne

Sorry statmonkey, that information seems to above your access levels...  ???

I had an old setup of the SpaceFM configs in /etc/skel that was still using udisks as the mount tools and not udevil, that has been corrected.  /etc/xdg is the proper area for the configuration and after a talk with the SpaceFM developer IgnorantGuru, I sorted it out and got it right

I also added two right click tools to the SpaceFM menu, one to open the current directory in terminal and the other to open the current directory as root.  These two functions I use at least 20 times a day and I was tired of having to go to The File Menu area to engage them

One other note on this, in future versions of SpaceFM IgnorantGuru has stated he will open the Built In commands that are used for most of the menu items making right click functions a whole lot easier

I dev VSIDO

statmonkey

Thanks for this.  IG is a great guy (despite his totally understandable dislike for systemd).  He is actually who started me on Sid/Kanto-something or other/Aptosid way back in the days before dinosaurs.  I have customized my SM quite a bit and I think IIRC did a bunch of stuff with built ins when I built spacefm from the ground up.  I haven't re-installed my old stuff from before Vsido (when I did all this) partly because of other agenda items and partly due to issues I was having with SpaceFM that I never researched.  I think I now understand why I was having those issues and will look into what you have done. 

I really need to get my act together :)  There was a time when I followed IG, Raphael Herzog and Qball (an mpd guy) religiously.  The udisks and udevil issues would impact systemd ... thinking out loud.  Really appreciate the heads up and the built in stuff is pretty awesome to have access to, will have a look at this folder and the tools you added.  Can I get those from here or do I need to re-install/etc.

1 last thing.  I noticed that I could not connect to the SpaceFM repos earlier have they changed or was it temporary?

VastOne

The /etc/xdg settings (the contents of that tar) is the default setup for VSIDO's spacefm

You just need to extract that to /etc/xdg and then remove your current ~/.config/spacefm directory and start spacefm for the settings to be there.  Anything you have setup for spacefm would be gone/replaced.

I am still getting everything from IG's repo's at

deb http://ignorantguru.github.com/debian/ unstable main

I dev VSIDO

statmonkey

zbreaker

Many thanks for the enhancements to SpaceFM in VSIDO. Things are shaping up nicely. A minor tweak in the road to distro supremacy;).

While  freely admitted that my primary go to is a distro other than VSIDO, I must say as time keeps keepin' on, this may change.

VastOne

@statmonkey, there was an error in the settings from the previous archive that I have corrected and tested

If you (or anyone) had used the previous, just redo the process again and unarchive the attached to /etc/xdg

Remember that SpaceFM must be closed when you do this or it will maintain your current settings

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Quote from: zbreaker on November 27, 2013, 02:09:18 AM
Many thanks for the enhancements to SpaceFM in VSIDO. Things are shaping up nicely. A minor tweak in the road to distro supremacy;).

While  freely admitted that my primary go to is a distro other than VSIDO, I must say as time keeps keepin' on, this may change.

Thanks zbreaker!  I appreciate your support...  :)

I dev VSIDO

statmonkey

Thanks VastOne.  I have it set up properly now.  I have done a far amount of customizing at this point and do need to sort my notes.  I think that this resolves a lot of the issues SM was having on my system and will use the opportunity to re-learn that stuff.  It's hell getting old  :'(

VastOne

^ Amen brother, getting old is a bitch

Getting this stuff sorted is a lot of fun though...  ???

I dev VSIDO

ew

Ok. I`ll do this, and have another go at trying to like spacefm. I also missed the right-click actions, so I kind of made the easy way out by making Thunar the default FM, because I know how to configure Thunar to my liking :D I also used to like PCManFM, but SpaceFM hasn`t done it for me yet...
-ew
-----------------------------
"What happens when you read some doc and either it doesn't answer your question or is demonstrably wrong? In Linux, you say "Linux sucks" and go read the code. In Windows/Oracle/etc you say "Windows sucks" and start banging your head against the wall."
--- Denis Vlasenko on lkml