Bluetooth

Gordon

Hi

I have just decided to try and get my android phone / tables  ( ASUS ) to bluetooth to this PC but I can't figure out how to do it and there doesn't appear to be a wizard to help out. I have tried all the bluetooth things that appear in /usr/bin but they don't seem to do anything. Am i doing something wrong again or is there something that smxi hasn't downloaded / installed that I have to do manually ? Help please
Cheers :D
Gordon
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA69G-S3H , 8 Gb Ram, Realtek RX550 Graphics,  VSIDO

statmonkey

Hey Gordon:
I don't have answers but I can tell you that I started on this road once in #! as well as way back in my Aptosid days and found BT to be an arcane art form beyond my ken.  I do remember getting to a certain point and will look for that stuff.  If there is a BT guru out there I would be extremely interested in learning.  Sadly I have not found google/duck to be of much use.  Working with BT on Debian always reminds me of this

Gordon

Hi statmonkey,

Thanks for quick reply and hope you manage to find the info, with any luck it might work  :D
Gordon

Gordon

Hi All

Got it sorted in the end. Managed to find the answer on google.
here is where I got the answer from

https://wiki.debian.org/BluetoothUser

I did install some stuff that in the end I didn't need so just purged it

ended up using the bluetooth agent part and it found my phone / tablet. now all I have to do is to get it send files across then I am fully sorted with it  :D :D
Gordon

statmonkey

That's great news Gordon.  I never did find my earlier notes so will check out what is here, greatly appreciate the link.