Just listened to

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Digit

Quote from: falldown on February 12, 2013, 09:40:55 PM
Digit.. this is just sampled video game soundfx (done poorly and off beat)..
I would hope that this is not considered music. Then again I don't care much for "electonica" or whatever they may be calling it these days.

Just my opinion.. I am not bashing it.  :)

hehe, feel free to bash it if you like too.  :)   i've no illusions about it having wide appeal.  i rather expect all but 0.000001% of the world's population to not like it.  anything above that is a bonus.  ^_^   

... oh, and yes... when i set out making this sort of thing, i never rly considered it music (having many musician friends who make real music), and saw it merely as an extension of my surreal abstract visual arts, in a new form, and called it audio-art.   ... though i have since encountered numerous other examples of as-weird stuff, that does call itself music... so... i suppose we just have to accept a broader conception of what music is.   ... it technically does apply.  :S   though the aesthetics may not convey corroboration of that technicality to the beholder.

however, no samples were used (from video games or otherwise) in the making of the ripoonjaddi EP.  wave forms were created entirely from scratch (iirc).

... as is the case (to an extent) for...

http://soffmimuhod.bandcamp.com/album/-

i've just listened to the first half of soffmi muhod's orange album^.

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

valroadie

Digit

i'm a few tracks into a playlist of all soffmi muhod's major releases (or, my faves rly), which has come out at 57 tracks long (one of my fave numbers), and 7 hours 18 minutes and 30 seconds.   ... methinks i should produce a collectors run of these 2 E.P.s and 6 albums, now that i know there's a propagating fractal fanbase starting. 

i say releases, but then, i'm on little weekend cave people audio art...  only three people have been afforded the opportunity to receive lwcpaa... it being soffmi muhod's earliest stuff (the files dont even have soffmi muhod on them)... so, idk if that really qualifies as being released, or indeed, perhaps not even soffmi muhod.

*rubs hands together pondering how plush to make these 8 disc collectors editions*

anyhoo, barring interruption, for the next seven hours, i'll be listening to:

Little Weekend Cave People Audio Art

QECCKA KYHEB

pHϕmorphia

ripoonjaddi

dinqemyveip1

bep

QOXEH

and... the orange album.   O_O

most of which, and some not in my playlist, can be found nhya: http://soffmimuhod.bandcamp.com

soffmi muhod's a weird one.  was really hard to find any releases for years after QECCKA KYHEB, which in itself was only on an obscure versioned release (and given the naming convention i expect the same will come of QOXEH), each version only having 1 to 15 available (last i heard rumour of a version 0.9).   so after being tittilated by a few very limited and restricted releases for the tiny fanbase (like trance plankton whalesong) and some pseudo-live performances dotted around between 2003 and 2008...  in 2012 came the album soffmi muhod had been working on for over half a decadee, pHϕmorphia and then bam, bam, bam, prolific surge of releases into first half of 2013... then the orange album came...  and then silence again....

valroadie

dizzie

Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

drum

It's not the software that's free; it's you.

"It does what I expect of it, when I expect it - otherwise, stays out of my way."

lwfitz

^  Ohhh..... very nice!
Don't Be A Dick!

Digit

it might not surprise anyone to witness me divulge that once again, i've just been listening to ... more soffmi muhod.   ^_^

specifically: first ominator, then dem, then i just let the rest of the QOXEH album play on once dminipv came on after dem.  the orange album is in the playlist next.  :)

it seems to be almost* the only thing i listen to these days.   ... i did the same with boards of canada for years.   and had about a year where it was aphex twin's selected ambient works only.  i can be kinda weird like that.

*have also been mixing it up with jean michel jarre, mozart, tchaikovsky, chopin, vivaldi, autechre, tortoise, and others too.

Digit

two favourite E.P. ... EVAAAAAAR!

just listened to soffmi muhod's ripoonjadi EP.

now listening to boards of canada's beautiful place in the country EP.

valroadie

Digit

ah, thnx valroadie.  saved me from triple post.

Video deleted on YouTube (Copywrite)

um..

Video deleted on YouTube (Copywrite)

um... um...
one of those links anyhoo... idk.

tried to get the playlist there, but it just tells me its a track, rather than boards of canada's tomorrow's harvest album playlist.

boards of canada have still got it.

and are maturing nicely.  :)

(blew my mind when i discovered they come from just across the water from where i live, not even 50 miles away.)

lwfitz

Don't Be A Dick!

drum

^nice, really my kind of music ;)
It's not the software that's free; it's you.

"It does what I expect of it, when I expect it - otherwise, stays out of my way."