January 2013 Screenshots

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Originally posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:15 am
Happy New Year all...

My first scrot of the year.  Hopefully many more to come.  I'll bet you can't wait!

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

Originally posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:50 pm
Starting off 2013 with a more "Spare" look.  Or maybe 'reserved' is a better description.  That horizontal conky that kept showing up every time I did a new install at the top of the screen, basically all I need I think.  Well, for now anyway.  Who knows what the next hour will bring!

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

Originally posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:24 pm
Ole Reliable v9000...

Check out the current warning in the weather!  It's cold.  Supposed to get down to 12 below tonight.  Not the windchill, the regular temp!

As opposed to today when its 45F...
Forum Netiquette

jedi

Thats too funny!  Luke I have stolen you wallpaper!

Love the new archey!  Works perfect!  Thanks VO...

Forum Netiquette

jedi

Originally posted:  Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:19 pm
Check the difference in memory usage just after login between Debian and Liquorix kernels.

Debian Kernel;

Liquorix Kernel;
Forum Netiquette

jedi

Originally posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:00 pm
This is with several programs open and running in the background.  Iceweasel has 10 tabs opened to various web-sites.  GMB is playing, and IceDove is open for email.  Also have a Thunar folder open.  Also open is Xchat and Wicd...  Logged into OB in the Liquorix kernel.  VSIDO Rulez!!!

Forum Netiquette

jedi

Originally posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:35 am
And then, I found this!  An awesome red orb.  The final touch to make it look just right.  Falldown did an awesome job on these VastOne!  I really like.

I just need to say one more time, that I think Teo did an awesome job on his weather scripts...
Forum Netiquette

jedi

Originally posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:02 pm
The "art" of this scrot isn't the pretty picture or the fancy Tint2/Conky config's, it's how beautiful the system just works.  VSIDO is, to quote INXS, who was mentioned somewhere here on the forums recently, UNBELIEVABLE!  Check out the RAM used!  That my friends is a thing of beauty!!!  Or "art".

Forum Netiquette

jedi

Originally posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:13 pm
Quote from: VastOne115 MiB with all that going!  Incredible.

I have to get one of mine in OB, I have been getting 110 in Xfce4 perhaps I can flirt with 100 in OB

Yes, incredible is a good descriptor for it!  That's why it's posted in the Artwork and Screenshots thread.  Your an artist at building a distro VastOne!!!
I haven't seen 100mb, but I've seen it as low as 103mb after getting logged in.  OB of course...
Forum Netiquette

jedi

Quote from: jst_joeI'm really liking this distro and this board.  :D

Nice, very nice!  And, yes, this is the board to be at.  VSIDO is a very fine distro!!!
Forum Netiquette

jedi

So here's a 7 min install scrot!

I was at least a minute getting the wireless up!  So it was really less than a 7 min. install!!!  VSIDO Rocks!  The image below is the finished script installer that runs after first re-boot.  Completed in 15 1/2 minutes for a total install time of appx 22 minutes!  Amazing...

Forum Netiquette

jst_joe

Quote from: jedi on January 14, 2013, 10:54:09 PM
Quote from: jst_joeI'm really liking this distro and this board.  :D

Nice, very nice!  And, yes, this is the board to be at.  VSIDO is a very fine distro!!!

Thanks jedi
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.

Sector11

OK I had to do this and it LOOKS AWESOME!

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
Stay Home

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO