November 2013 ScreenShots

PackRat

^ How's void working out for you? I gave it a try, but the font rendering wasn't too good on my system (HP laptop) and some other issues. Didn't have the time then to really get it straightened out. Seemed like a solid distro otherwise; hope it stays around.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

dizzie

Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

mrneilypops

@PackRat
VOID is really nice and stable with a fast boot.
The package list is growing daily and it is possible to build packages yourself (I must admit I haven't tried this yet...)
The package system 'xbps' works a bit like Arch 'pacman'.
Definitely a distro to keep an eye on in the future.

PackRat

^ thanks

nice shot jacques, welcome to vsido

drive-by screenshot posting -

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

Don't Be A Dick!

statmonkey

That looks really good lwfitz, my biggest issue with conky on screen like that is I always have so many terminals open I never get to see it.

VastOne

^ Tabbed terminals...  8)

Nice one lwfitz!

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Getting familiar with the cli.  Mutt, weechat, the famous NSA Deterrence Module, and of course we can't be without moc!  Still Fluxbox, and a vertical weather script from v9000 (mrpeachy).  Hidden is the lxpanel on the bottom, and of course the one at the top right for sys tasks.  The horizontal Conky at the top is the default VSIDO Conky by VastOne with a couple minor tweaks...  Everything I need from the one screen.  Of course there are 3 other 'virtual' desktops to do with as I please...  (Not shown in this scrot)

On the other virtual desktops, there are a total of 3 VM's running accounting for the large use of RAM you see in the Conky!  Another virtual desktop is running Iceweasel with around 20 tabs open.  Hey with 16Gb of RAM, might as well use it!  VSIDO is just to cool!!!
Some of the weechat transcripts redacted to protect the innocent.
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

Wow, just noticed, my 700th post!  Most ever in a forum for me, unless you count my own site which is not a forum site at all.

On topic, thanks to the above configs from statmonkey, VastOne, and dizzie.  The bg came from Sakasa at vedgoo dot com.  v9000 from mrpeachy!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

statmonkey

700 posts.  Only 3 years more and I'll get there.  I'll never get to 700 posts even on my website.  Because like my system I get tired of it and rewrite it.  Now if we are talking 700 re-installs or 700 different web layouts I might have a chance.

That is a set up with some real cli love.  Looks like something Digit would do (and that is a compliment).  Good to see you embrace the darkside Jedi. I need to start upping my mpd scripts to get you off moc though :)

VastOne

@jedi, NICE!

@ lwfitz, the avatar is wonderfully fecking awful!

@statmonkey, I look forward to those mpd scripts and would even make them VSIDO defaults

Posts are all right, the real quality of this community is what is shared so freely... I cannot tell you all how much I appreciate it

I dev VSIDO

jedi

just another cool bg i found on google images...

Forum Netiquette