October 2013 Screenshots

lwfitz

Don't Be A Dick!

jedi

Hey lwfitz, not at all.  The Conky configs are posted in the Conky thread.  I'm using v9000 for the weather, VastOne's gmail_parser script for the email, and the time is just a simple little Conky to display the time.  Oh, and the bottom Conky is the default that comes with VSIDO Raptor, with just some minor tweaks for my machine.  The only change I made was to compton.conf as follows; the first shadow was set to false, changed it to true, and the no-dnd-shadow I changed from true to false...

# Shadow
shadow = true; # Enabled client-side shadows on windows.
no-dock-shadow = true; # Avoid drawing shadows on dock/panel windows.
no-dnd-shadow = false; # Don't draw shadows on DND windows.
clear-shadow = true; # Zero the part of the shadow's mask behind the window (experimental).
shadow-radius = 7; # The blur radius for shadows. (default 12)
shadow-offset-x = -7; # The left offset for shadows. (default -15)
shadow-offset-y = -7; # The top offset for shadows. (default -15)
# shadow-opacity = 0.7; # The translucency for shadows. (default .75)
# shadow-red = 0.0; # Red color value of shadow. (0.0 - 1.0, defaults to 0)
# shadow-green = 0.0; # Green color value of shadow. (0.0 - 1.0, defaults to 0)
# shadow-blue = 0.0; # Blue color value of shadow. (0.0 - 1.0, defaults to 0)
shadow-exclude = [ "n:e:Notification" ]; # Exclude conditions for shadows.
# shadow-exclude = "n:e:Notification";
shadow-ignore-shaped = true;

# Opacity
menu-opacity = 0.9; # The opacity for menus. (default 1.0)
inactive-opacity = 0.9; # Opacity of inactive windows. (0.1 - 1.0)
#frame-opacity = 0.8; # Opacity of window titlebars and borders. (0.1 - 1.0)
inactive-opacity-override = true; # Inactive opacity set by 'inactive-opacity' overrides value of _NET_WM_OPACITY.

# Fading
fading = false; # Fade windows during opacity changes.
# fade-delta = 30; # The time between steps in a fade in milliseconds. (default 10).
fade-in-step = 0.03; # Opacity change between steps while fading in. (default 0.028).
fade-out-step = 0.03; # Opacity change between steps while fading out. (default 0.03).
no-fading-openclose = true; # Fade windows in/out when opening/closing.

# Other
#inactive-dim = 0.5; # Dim inactive windows. (0.0 - 1.0, defaults to 0).
mark-wmwin-focused = true; # Try to detect WM windows and mark them as active.
mark-ovredir-focused = true;
detect-rounded-corners = true;

# Window type settings
wintypes:
{
  tooltip = { fade = true; shadow = false; opacity = 0.75; };
};
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

Less than 4 minute install?  Yes, and the scrot to prove it!!!

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

JAYSUS!  Holy Shites!

That is unreal...

Have I told you I lub VSIDO?
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

@Jedi, not the transparency on the lxpanel...  I am thinking the black is there only when you move something over it

I dev VSIDO

zbreaker

Quote from: jedi on October 27, 2013, 11:33:26 PM
Less than 4 minute install?  Yes, and the scrot to prove it!!!

Just did pretty much the same myself with the latest 32-bit .iso....no shot unfortunately...scouts honor :)

VastOne

^ When I first read that, I thought it said Scots honor and well, I was going to say....

8)

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Well alrighty then!  Here's the 64bit install done in 3 minutes 31 seconds!!!  My personal fastest ever...

Forum Netiquette

zbreaker

Wow, that's pretty incredible jedi. Prior to my running VSIDO the record was held by Aptosid which usually installed in a little over 5 minutes on my box.

Digit

hehe.  going on a little slack adventure.  :)
idk why i'm not doing this in chroots, idk why i'm doing it in virtualbox...  maybe because i was about to start playing around with vsido build stuffs, and then changed my mind at the last minute.

got my slackmom installed, and just a couple tweaks to make sure it starts with a black background, and the terms dont have white glare and scrollbars.  off i scoot to get it a nice wm (not that there's anything wrong with fluxbox... i just prefer tiling, and have downloaded spectrwm (aka my beloved scrotwm) slackbuild, ready to be installed on slackmom, and then the sdb2 i attached is for meddling making some smaller lightweight minimal system... gonna see how much capability i can squeeze into a gb hd space.  :)  will be keeping it to the cli and tui as much as possible.

slack... for the learnins.  ;)

ps, forgot to mention, methinks i'll lift over much of the vsido configs for slackmom.   ^_^

VastOne

Quote from: Digit on October 29, 2013, 07:17:39 PM

ps, forgot to mention, methinks i'll lift over much of the vsido configs for slackmom.   ^_^

Now THAT is a compliment!   8)

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Nice peaceful day on the golf course and fishin hole...

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

You spent the day golfing and I spent the day fishing........... sounds like a good life to me!

Playing around with KDE again

Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

One more with a subtle tiny piece added

I dev VSIDO