October 2013 Screenshots

jedi

12 Days uptime!  Low mem use!  What more can you ask of a distro?

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

Back to fluxbox today; using statmonkey's script to burn the latest vsido iso to usb:

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ Nice!  Well done statmonkey and thanks PackRat for supporting a users code
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

statmonkey

I haven't rebuilt dmenu yet VO I will later tonight and let you know but relatively positive it will resolve it.  I looked a little at the package in debian builds and the one on the suckless site and it looks like I will have to patch first to get it "debian ready" not sure if PackRat can confirm this.

PackRat I am resisting -- barely -- playing with the paths in dmenu.  It really is a world changer for me.  I don't know if I am a script kiddie but I do love my scripts :) and most of the stuff I use daily is stuff I wrote or modded for my needs.  I did write up something that will essentially zen a list of my scripts from a dmenu call and then give me a terminal and that is what got me started on this path as it is pretty obvious I can do all that without zenity from the actual dmenu itself with the script you posted earlier.  There is just so much cool stuff being done with dmenu it's put a hop in my step.

VastOne

A new custom VSIDO / Iceweasel persona

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

^ nice one, new look for velociraptor.

@statmonkey - dmenu will compile without issue/patching on debian.

Or are you looking to add some 3rd-party patches? I have seen some configurations that use x,y coordinates and control the width - so it will look like the fluxbox menu; and I think xft fonts require a patch.

back on topic - compiled fvwm the other day -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

statmonkey

OK I am hijacking this  :D temporarily (screens look nice by the way, I really need to change my conky)

Nope, nothing special, I was trying to compile it by running config.mk and then head slapped opened it in geany/build/Make it compiled and ran sudo make clean install and it was over and done with.  Never forget I am an idiot!  Anyway thanks for the help and back to your regularly scheduled screenshots and discussions.  Pardon my interruption.

valroadie

Quote from: VastOne on October 14, 2013, 01:39:57 AM
A new custom VSIDO / Iceweasel persona

Oh wow! THAT is neat :D Good job vastone!

vrkalak

statmonkey

vrkalak that is very nice.  Not really a green guy but simple, clean and elegant.  Really like the conky.  I definitely need to take spend some time on eye candy.

jedi

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

@vrkalak - which fluxbox style is that?

finally got around to ripping some cd's -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

valroadie

Gonna have to do it! PackRat, I am requesting that AWESOME autumn wallpaper :D

PackRat

No problem -

http://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=362410

at wallpaper abyss if that link is whacked.

Bamboo sort of day -

some cwm minimalism.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

Awesome work from everyone!  Very nice displays...

@vrkalak - would you please share your conky? 

Thanks!

I dev VSIDO