sqlpython

Stretch, Siduction-15.1,  Slackware 14.1, LMDE, Calculate 15.7

Digit

Quote from: sqlpython on September 27, 2013, 06:45:35 PM
Quotewhy not,
in two words:
untapped potential.
Maybe I am missing something.. ?
On my Desktop Conky, if I choose to see weather, system info, calender, music player.. whatever. That item is already displayed on the Conky without clicking on anything.  I suppose if I had the need for more info. Then the Conky would begin to clutter my Desktop a Click on Conky which hid items from sight. So, then the click conky would become a neat interface for access without clutter. OTH I could also access those items through Hot-Keys...  Tough choice unless one is loving Conky
  What to do..What to do ?

maybe missing something...  yes, like the rest of my post.  XD  you ruiner of context.  ;)

sqlpython

:)
I do get the design/Desktop aspect. Probably the bigger reason that I use Conky at all, makes for a more compelling Desktop.
There is an elegant quietness about a well presented Conky on the Desktop...  For me, in many cases, the Conky makes or breaks a Desktop's appeal.

Digit

yup.  that there's aesthetics potential is a mere beneficial side effect to me, of the freedom to create one's own interfaces... 
though, i think i'm still holding out for an easier way
(~than having to learn all that lua...  had a look through some of mr peachy's threads... it's kinda intimidating stuff).

sqlpython

As a coder for decades, I find when perusing Mr. Peachy's offers that he is a Clever and Creative coder.

VastOne

^ indeed!  One of the best
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO