VSIDO Debian ISO's updated 2013-August-25 16:30 CST

VastOne

Both ISO's were updated, built, installed, tested and uploaded today with no issues

• Updated to current SID levels

• Added several new images for grub and lightdm

To get the same update for current users do this:

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Copy the attached splash.png to /e t c/remastersys/isolinux

(NOTE - that there are spaces in the etc directory.  Do not include the spaces.  This host does not allow a /e t c/ directory to be used in posts)

Copy the attached .face to your /home/username directory

Copy vsido_grub.png to the /boot/grub directory

Copy vsido_login.png to /usr/share/images/desktop-base

Then run:

sudo update-grub
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

blaze

Have been kind of off lately...but downloaded this iso yesterday, dd`d and installed today. Looks and feels great as always.
blazingaway

VastOne

^ Good to hear and thank you!

What did you think of the new grub images?
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

blaze

Aaaah...sorry did not see them, this install is squeezed in between two others...so I choose from a regular boring blue. But I am sure they are nice since I know that you have a special eye for the visual. But I just want to mention that the installer worked really well this time. Did try to install a couple of months ago ca, and failed, the installer were having a bad day, and so had I :D. Well that does not matter now, last time I ran Vsido it were really surprisingly stable, even during the Debian meltdown, so am looking forward to continue my journey after my hiatus :)
blazingaway

PackRat

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

blaze

The Grub screen turned up today after a dist-upgrade, very cool!
blazingaway

jedi

Yes, I agree with PackRat, they (the images) definitely look pretty good!!!  Glad Perl-Jam II is over with as well...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous