VastOne

sqlpython discovers VSIDO

Pretty cool post by our latest member

Welcome sqlpython!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

sqlpython

To continue from my #! post.
Where did you find the time to do all you have done here.. impressed.
How many have contributed to the effort?
Do you or even desire a DistroWatch launch?
#! is good fodder as I also enjoy using bbq
bbq  and Siduction have definite strengths and personality but this is more ME.

Well,  I have a lot to read here so I better get to it.
Stretch, Siduction-15.1,  Slackware 14.1, LMDE, Calculate 15.7

VastOne

I spent last Christmas with my oldest son in Northern IL hid out in a basement and finished it... Up until then it was testing and getting the ISO just right

Everyone on here has contributed in some way or another.  We had one user who wanted to take all the credit and is no longer here

I have no desire to use DistroWatch, it seems too rigged for the winners...

I admire bbq and Bacons work, he is a genius... Siduction is also top shelf

I am looking forward to seeing your input here... I have been a fan of yours for as long as I have been using Linux, back in the days of Buntu
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

sqlpython

Amazing!
In a basement .. like a Mad Genius.  ;D
I will certainly do my best to provide some input.
I am one of those Guys who does a 11 hr/day Office job 6 days a week for the past 14 or so years.
My last week off was in 2002.
  However my laptop is with me and I steal some time at my Desk. Plus my wife doesn't criticize my night time (after 9pm). She understands the needed diversion.
  Also I made decision this month to leave Arch behind.. too political.

Yes, there are some talented users contributing out there and MachineBacon is near the top of my list.
Strange/Funny how some of the most talented are also the most down to earth and humble. Good people at #!. Gives this forum a goal to aspire to...  Looking at the posters here VSIDO already has a great foundation!
  . I have been a fan of yours for as long as I have been using Linux, back in the days of Buntu
Thanks for the compliment ..don't know if it is so much deserved.
  However, I am firm believer in Linux and giving back where I can when I can with what I have to offer.

jedi

I don't think you'll have any regrets!  Everyone here just goes out of their way to help.  VastOne is really good about keeping the ISO's up to date, and also listening to ideas from the users which just help keep making it better and better!

It's good to see you here.  I've followed some of your posts over at #! (I lurk there mostly) and have gained some really good insight into more than one issue because of you.  So again, really glad you made it over here and look forward to you helping all of us out!!!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

hinto

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Isaac Newton

PackRat

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

hinto

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." - Sir Isaac Newton

sqlpython

Quote from: jedi on July 18, 2013, 05:13:46 AM
I don't think you'll have any regrets!
Nor do I and Thanks for the Welcome.
Strong Group here the whole first page of the top posters ( Sector11, packrat, hinto, Mclovin, lwfirz, ew yourself etc reads like a who's who from #!
   Smart idea, applying the #! success formula & some twists to a SID.. I like it.
AND just like I continue to do I will learn here.

sqlpython

BTW who is responsible for the TradeMark artwork of the VsidO with the Debain logo snaked through it, Brilliant.
Thumbs Up to the Artist nice artwork and visualization.

jedi

That would be the work of falldown, also well know over at #!.
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

falldown

Many thanks sqlpython. Actually I have not had the time to fiddle my artistic thumb here of late.
Glad to have you here! 

sqlpython

^ Your Welcome.. Nice work.
And thanks for the Welcome.